Disappointed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rockytime

Just got my new toolpost from Rick Harrell. Very disappointing. I placed it on my lathe and it just made my lathe look tacky. Guess I will just have to mount it in a trophy box and put it on display. It looks that good, The price is even more amazing than the looks. Rick turns out some fantastic products at amazing prices. His quality and turnaround is outstanding. He is a blessing to this group.

Attachments

• 20150328_160513.jpg
    20150328_160513.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 373
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

eajacobson

Totally agree. Rick's work is worthy of a display case by itself. A new lathe might help, but I'm not sure any of them are finished to the same level that Rick's work is.

Ed

Rockytime

Hey, Les ! ...... did you buy a new lathe ??

Nope. I got the lathe about a year and a half ago. I had a green and yellow Record lathe which was a #1 taper. I used it for a while as a buffer but then sold it. This lathe is a WoodTek 10" midi lathe from Woodworkers Supply. About the same size as the Jet 1015 but quite a bit beefier. Not sure what the next one will be but I don't anticipate turning bowls or larger objects for the foreseeable future. I'm 76 and need to downsize and not up size. I think my machinery buying days are over.

notaryjon

Packer Colors

Nice tool rest. Your lathe is is great looking in those Packer colors. :biggrin:Broncos never were a good team. I need to paint mine also.:biggrin:

Top Bottom