Delta X5 14" Bandsaw?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Buckmark13

Does anyone have any insight to the Delta X5 Bandsaw; model 28-475x?

In researching it it seems it was produced a number of years ago, but I'm not sure when Delta stopped making it. Are replacement parts readily available? How's the power? Any issues to look for?

And lastly, given what's available both new and used, what would a fair price be for one?

jttheclockman

Delta moved to china around the time that came out and this could be one from there but I doubt it. If it is USA made it is a good quality bandsaw. Well made but stopped being made because Delta is no longer and have been bought so many times I am not sure who owns them now. Parts are tough to find for any Delta tools today. A great company fell to the greed thing.

I know they do not sell them any more so if buying a used one you have to see it to know if it is worth it. You have to know what you are looking at too. There was a problem with alignment when adding the riser block when it first came out. Price wise look at what a Jet bandsaw goes for new in the same catagory and take half of that if it is in good shape and all works well and has a 1-1/2 HP motor on it. I would say $300 to $400

Top Bottom