Delta SA180

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Who has one and what do you think of it...
I need to make a decision by 9Mar to get special pricing of $89 including second day shipping....
Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Doghouse

I picked one up on Lowes Clearance.

1. Take your time to get it accurate. It will take a while but it can be made to be close to accurate.
2. It is loud, louder than you would expect. I have hear jets that were quieter.
3. It works great to remove skin DAMHIKT

It is one of those machines, where if you can get it as a deal then it is ok.

Dario

Jim,

Tom probably is getting his from Amazon also...and planning on taking advantage of the 10% off TOOLDAYS coupon until Mar 9

CountryPens

I have had it for about a month. It has a little more vibration than I expeceted. I was able to align it and get good square blanks from it. Maybe I'm expecting too much from a $99 product.

Good Luck

dfurlano

it is loud but not enough where I would tell people not to buy it. I found it not very accurate but that is not why I bought it. Ok for the money.

wayneis

Tom which do you think that you will use more, the disk or the strip sander. If what you want most is to square blanks then one of the 12" disk sanders will make you much happier. The 12" sanders have hold downs on each end of the table making it much more stable and easier to set up. You know, personally I have a combination belt and disk and what I use most is the disk,. I hardly ever use the belt at all. It does come in handy once in a while but I think that if I were starting over with this purchase I would start with the 12" disk either from Delta or HF.

Wayne

rduncan

I actually used the belt part to sharpen my tools before I bought a grinder and wolverine jig setup. I almost liked using the belt on gouges more than the grinder.

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom