Delta 46-460

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jpc2334

So I have looked at videos and searched some topics but I am looking for some current reviews. Thinking about a Delta 46-460. Any thing about them worth mentioning? Good or Bad. Thanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

D.Oliver

I've have one and it's been a very good lathe. I really like the reverse for sanding and the 12.5" inch swing is nice.

thewishman

I love mine. Solid, accurate and durable. In the last four or five years, I have had only one problem - had to replace the on/off switch, it was a simple fix. Some weeks I use the switch hundreds of times.

Before this lathe, I didn't see the need for variable speed. Now it is one of my favorite features.

jcm71

Love mine. I bought it second hand and after a year it stopped going in reverse. Since it was still within five years of being made, Delta sent me a new circuit board for free. No problems since. Belt changes are a snap, only take 10-15 seconds.

SteveG

I am a happy Delta 46-460 owner, with 5 years of regular use. One issue was slight misalignment between head and tailstock, for which I received a replacement tailstock. Problem resolved. Satisfied in every way once that was done. The function of the lathe is excellent in every area, and is my basis to highly recommend.

In recent years there has been discussion of the lack of warranty support by Delta. I have had no recent warranty issues, so I do not know the current status on that. It is something to check prior to making a new purchase.

Top Bottom