Cutting AA on a bandsaw

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Herb G

What kind of blade would you use to cut AA on a bandsaw with?
Meaning, tooth count, etc., without melting it?
I have a Jet 12" bandsaw, but no idea of which blade I need.

Any help is appreciated.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

D.Oliver

What kind of cutting? Are you cutting sheets of the stuff into blanks or are you just cutting blanks to length of the tubes? If you just cutting blanks to the length of the tubes I just use whatever is in the saw. Right now its a 1/2 resaw blade. But if you're going to cut a bunch of AA, you would want to get a dedicated blade as John suggest.

Herb G

I'm just cutting it to length. I can't use a metal cutting blade on a wood cutting saw.
The blade speed is way too fast.

jttheclockman

I'm just cutting it to length. I can't use a metal cutting blade on a wood cutting saw.

That is not true. Metal cutting (wood bandsaw) blades are not the same as portable bandsaws or even hacksaws made for cutting metals

If just cutting to length as mentioned then any blade will do. Have fun.

Last edited:

KenV

Of course you can, but not for cutting heavy sections of steel. Love using bit-metallic blades and they do cut pen blanks of all sorts and kinds.

With cutting wax and light feed, will cut rebar blanks. Creates a mess for cleanup.

Last edited:

mecompco

Probably not applicable to your situation, but I use a quality bi-metal blade on my portable (now fitted with a base and table) HF band saw. Cuts pretty much anything, from steel on down. Being .5", it is a bit of a chore doing circles and the like, but is great for cutting blanks of any sort. I have an old Delta 14" that I hope to get back into running condition, but that's another story.

Regards,
Michael

Top Bottom