Craigslist Haul :)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cmiles1985

I have been on a passive hunt for a planer, so every now and then, I scope out Craigslist here in Corpus and the surrounding areas. Saturday night I found my new planer...outside of San Antonio. I drove up Sunday to pick it up. The guy had listed a 12.5" bench top planer, a 6x46" jointer, a 16x46 lathe and a 17" bandsaw. All Grizzly products. Unfortunately, the band saw sold before he got my email offer. All of the tools had about as much use as a test run! He also threw in a mortising machine, 9 platter blanks, a set of router bits, router template guides, a dovetail jig, a set of HF turning tools, a captive ring tool and some other carving tools for $1100. How does this fit in my iddy bitty garage? It doesn't :)
It fits in my new shop :biggrin:

Tools in dark corner as I run from mosquitoes:

Part of new shop:

Sorry for the BIG pictures. It's much too complicated to post from an iPhone with photos :(

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cmiles1985

I'll be on the hunt soon for a good DC. I have a small Shopsmith DC3300 right now. I'll move it from machine to machine until I save enough nickels for a "real" dust collector. In the meantime, I'll be building a small, noise insulated section for said dust collector and an air compressor (of course separated). I'll invite you to the "grand opening" Mannie! I also have a couple of commercial fryers and a pond full of catfish :)

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
....I'll invite you to the "grand opening" Mannie! I also have a couple of commercial fryers and a pond full of catfish :)
That's a good reason for you to host an IAP meeting. :biggrin:
I just may take you up on that since I just got my new RV a few months ago and last night I picked up my new 2015 Ram 2500 turbo diesel last night (will post picts of it tonight).

Last edited:

Cmiles1985

....I'll invite you to the "grand opening" Mannie! I also have a couple of commercial fryers and a pond full of catfish :)
That's a good reason for you to host an IAP meeting. :biggrin:
I just may take you up on that since I just got my new RV a few months ago and last night I picked up my new 2015 Ram 2500 turbo diesel last night (will post picts of it tonight).

That does sound like a perfect reason to host an IAP gathering! New place is in Aransas Pass, so it's "fairly close" for the Houston, San Antonio and Victoria area members. That also makes it a touch closer when it comes time for me when those areas have meetings :)

Congrats on the new truck! (And the nice RV). There are some pretty nice RV parks in the Rockport/Aransas Pass area, plus we are on a touch of acreage.

Last edited:
Top Bottom