Craftsman Table Saw Recall (?)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

I am seeing this on a few sites now so lets go with it true news and be safe. If you have those saws just check with Sears. So far some broken bones but the only amputation was a fingernail.

Skie_M

Looking at the recall order .... it's not the tablesaw itself that is being recalled for unsafe operation ... it's the folding workstation that it comes with that is unexpectedly folding itself during the tablesaw operation that is causing the dangerous situation.

If this company and it's design is not specific to the craftsman brand, OTHER band saw makers may be providing the same stands or marketing them to unsuspecting customers under a different brand name (like Harbor Freight - not that I've seen a malicious intent behind it, just copying the name brand tool perks where they can).

I'ld take a real good close look at the tool stand and compare it to what's in your shop just to make sure you don't have a problem lurking!

jttheclockman

At one time not long ago Sears had a recall on their portable job site saws for a problem with the fence. The back locking mechanism would break and could cause the fence to move into the blade when sawing. They sent a replacement part and being I have one of the saws on the recall list at that time, it worked very well.

That is a good site for recalls. Thanks.

RADIAL ARM SAW RECALL--SAFETY RELATED

I am not anti Craftsman or Radial arm saw. I AM PRO SAFETY !

Attention anyone who has an older Craftsman radial arm saw. There is a legitimate recall on older saws.

My saw was a 1976 Craftsman Radial arm saw, purchased well used.

While searching the net for something or other the recall notice turned up.

Craftsman Radial Arm Saw Recall

If your saw is the later models in the recall you get a FREE SAFETY UPGRADE KIT. If your saw is among the EARLIER SAWS IN RECALL and you accept, they will send you a prepaid box to ship them the motor (strip switch off for repair of something else). Then wait about 2 months and a $100 check shows up in the mail.

NOTE: The web site is maintained by EMERSON ELECTRIC the saw manufacturer. You must find and send them the serial number to see if your saw is part of the recall. Directions for finding model & S/N are on the web site. You send that info., Emerson evaluates, if your saw qualifies they send you a claim #. Just as an indication of how many have sent in their claims, mine was numbered in the 8,000's. That was perhaps 5-6 years ago.

Top Bottom