Craftsman Bandsaw Rip Fence

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rockytime

My recently purchased 12" bandsaw has a very sturdy fence but it cannot be adjusted sideways for blade drift. At least not that I can figure out. I can clamp a hardwood fence to the table and use it. But I am wondering if anyone as found a solution to this problem. I have viewed lots of fixes on Utube but the way my fence is mounted to the table means I would have to remove not only the fence but also the mounting bracket. I can do that but wondered if someone with the same saw has a simple fix.

Attachments

• 20150527_151904.jpg
    20150527_151904.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 423

KBs Pensnmore

There is usually a cause for the blade to drift. Be it a blunt blade, not set up properly ie not tracking correctly, clearance on the blade/bearings. I suggest that you look in a library for a book on setting up a bandsaw, I do have a copy, but the name escapes me, as it is on loan.
Has it done it from new?
If everything checks out OK, the only way that I can see, is by undoing the screws slightly and placing a shim between the guide and the block, till it comes right.
I have seen another whereby a block was placed in line with the blade on a piece of lumber clamped to the blade.
Kryn

Rockytime

Thanks for the replies. I appreciate the suggestions. I have watched every utube vidio I could find. The saw is working very well. All bandsaws have some drift. I know what my saw's drift is with the 1/2" blade. I just wondered if anyone with the same model saw had some idea. I can just dispense with the rip fence and clamp a hardwood piece for resawing.

Top Bottom