Craftsman Bandsaw

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

terrymiller

Has anyone tried the new Craftsman Bandsaw? I'm looking at the 12 inch model, but I would like to know if it is worth the money or is there a better buy. I like that it has a 7 inch resaw capacity instead of a 6 inch.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

coach

I have a new 14 inch Craftsman. Be careful, people get pretty pissed if you buy Craftsman and not Grizzly. It is my favorite tool. Other than the lathe of course![:D] I got the 14 inch on sale and it ended up costing not much more than the 12 inch. Might be worth waiting for.

terrymiller

Coach I have been looking at the 12 instead of the 14 because there is not to much difference other than price. The 14 has a 1hp motor and a 8" resaw capacity the 12 has a 3/4hp motor and a 7" resaw capacity. The table sizes are the same the only other difference that I can see besides the price which on sale is still about $150.00 more is the base unit.

As for the Grizzly I have looked at them and prefer the Craftsman because the resaw capacity and no shipping charges.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Terry,

Your cost logic makes good sense. Given what you have said, I would likely buy the Craftsman. I am one of those nasty old Grizzly owners Coach warned you about. Of course I am located about 15 minutes from the Muncy PA Grizzly so shipping is not an issue. I absolutely love my Grizzly GO555. (One of the few things Frank and I are in total agreement on! [:D])

steve542

I just bought, after all the same deliberation as you, a Hitachi CB 13F bandsaw. They are on closeout sale at Lowe's for $199, but folks have talked to the store managers, including me, and bought one from between $120 to $199. I paid $150 for one in the box, but they would have sold me the display model for $125. The motor is 1 HP. there is also a terrific website for this model and several members have put in a riser for this bandsaw. The table and a miter are included also. You may have to check several Lowe's to find one. It is not on the Lowe's website, but there stock number is 159613, have a local store check the stock in your area.[:)]

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by wdcav1952
<br />Terry,

Your cost logic makes good sense. Given what you have said, I would likely buy the Craftsman. I am one of those nasty old Grizzly owners Coach warned you about. Of course I am located about 15 minutes from the Muncy PA Grizzly so shipping is not an issue. I absolutely love my Grizzly GO555. (One of the few things Frank and I are in total agreement on! [:D])

Uh-Oh! [:0] I must be slipping. [:p] Probably been a week since I made anybody angry. Gotta work on that. [}:)][;)]

steve542

[8D]Thanks to the folks who responded to my addition to this topic. One very important CORRECTION-the correct Lowe's stock number for the Hitachi CB 13F bandsaw is #159316. I inverted the last numbers last night. Sorry folks! As I said you will NOT find this on the Lowes.com web site, but the computers in the stores will tell you where it's available. Just have them look up their item number 159316 on their store computer. It will impress them that you know the item number even if they don't know anything about the Hitachi BS. They are not reordering this machine, so the current store stocks are it. I think it was Dario who asked about the riser. I believe it is one for a RIGID 14" bandsaw, but for more information on this and many other topics on the Hitach CB13F go to the web site for the bandsaw at http://cb13f.cpu-etc.com This is a small group of about 60 or 70 members who have the bandsaw and have started this up. Adding the riser requires some adaptation, but the details are on the web site. You will also find info on changing the guides, assembly, blade selection, and what deals other folks got on the BS. I think some folks paid under $125! The website and the price of this bandsaw were the reasons I bought one.[:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom