Corner splined joint jig

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenB259

I was thinking about getting a commercial jig, but none I found looked to be a quality product. I decided to just make my own. It turned out very well and I couldn't be happier on its performance. Am I the only one that gets geeked out over shop built jigs? IMG_0724.JPGIMG_0726.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
NICE!

Shop jigs? Fun to make? Nice to have for the future?

Yup - I will spend many hrs getting my jigs in shape to make a 2 minute slice!

I do admire those that work up an inventory for craft shows - That has no interest for me.

So, I will take 2-4 weeks to ponder a new design, then another 2-4 months to refine it (If my attention span doesn't overtake the process). I enjoy the challenge.

Have FUN!, Oh...Nice job.

Jolly Red

Designing and building jigs is one of my favorite parts of making things. I even have some jigs I don't remember what I made them for!

MDWine

It seems lately that all I build is jigs!
I just love that stuff.

On this, well done sir. Did you draw up plans, or just jump in and "git'r'done"?
Looks great, don't forget to post a pic of a joint you made with it!
(we love pictures!)

MiteyF

There is nothing finer than building a tool from scratch, and using that tool to build something else.

KenB259

I looked online for a basic idea. I'm a cad operator so of course I had to draw up plans. The only thing I want to do to it yet is add some kind of gripping material to the inside of the clamps.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Top Bottom