Compiling the jigs and tricks into a DB?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

TomServo

I was just thinking, it would be great to go through the posts and pull out the gems - the writeups on jigs, tools, sharpening, pictorial guides, etc. Then put them in a web tree or somesuch for reference.. I also think the moderator should do it. ;p I did all the hard work - coming up with the idea..

Seriously (not really) though, I have lots of time while I'm here on my night shift - I'd be willing to go thru and pull out posts, save them as web pages with pics and create some rudimentary index.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
That was the original intent, thanks for reminding us.

You just talked yourself into a job. Thanks, Brian.

TomServo

Well I've done the stuff that's still active threads - I'll start on the older stuff after I go get a drink :)

Okay, I think I found one more thing worth saving (not that any of it isn't worth saving) and conforms to my idea of what should be included... :)

I think I may be willing to do the tips tricks forum tommorow night, what's everyone's feeling on this? I could just make a huge database of everything on the site.

Categories I have so far:
Chisels
General Lathe
Glue
Jigs
Racks-Fixtures for Pens
Sanding
Sharpening
Storage
Vacuum-Pressure Casting

tnilmerl

What about a special materials (non-wood) prep and turning section? For example: antler, soft metals, corian, silestone, stone, etc. I've posted to several of the antler turning threads, and I'm willing to go back and redo those posts with applicable pictures.

TomServo

Dario: I'm hoping so! I've already found some real gems :) Lots of good links too, like using A/C or refridgerator compressor for a vacuum pump.

tnilmerl: anything you or anyone else wants to include, i will include! if you posted in one of the forums here, i'm sure i'll eventually get to it... I'm roughly shooting to do one forum per night, give or take... penturning may take a couple days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom