Chuck jaws

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WriteON

I'm using a Nova G3. What jaws do I order for chucking these drivers. Diameter is .625. Thanks

Attachments

• Lathe Driver Pin-1.jpg
    Lathe Driver Pin-1.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 374
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WriteON

I gave wrong info. Need to chuck up to 5/8"

Attachments

• 562A6836-5FA0-470E-9C92-3C850EE50A55.jpg
    562A6836-5FA0-470E-9C92-3C850EE50A55.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:

RobS

MY reference still holds, buy the beall er32 chuck, then go on ebay and buy an er32 collet set or you can get one from amazon.

MiteyF

I really love my PSI collet chuck too. Not as "fancy" as the Beall perhaps, but works beautifully for everything I've tried.

RobS

the real difference between PSI and Beall is the knurled collet nut on the PSI. If you do a lot of close work or sanding near the collet, the Beall is knuckle friendly and your hand would bounce off. The PSI you have to keep away from the collet nut. Really depends on what you are making and how close you push your safety limits.

MiteyF

the real difference between PSI and Beall is the knurled collet nut on the PSI. If you do a lot of close work or sanding near the collet, the Beall is knuckle friendly and your hand would bounce off. The PSI you have to keep away from the collet nut. Really depends on what you are making and how close you push your safety limits.

How are you supposed to learn to keep your hands clear of the chuck without a little blood from your knuckles?

RobS

OH I HEAR THAT! Disclaimer, I'm not saying one should pick up bad habbits. I'm just saying in the 2 years of using it, I've hit the collet nut 3 times, luckily the Beall is smooth so no blood. However, other PSI owners have noted BLOOD!

Charlie_W

In addition to a collet chuck( I have the Beall), I purchased a metric set of er32 collets. They go from 2mm to 18 - 20 mm....don't remember which without checking. These let me chuck almost any size with out having to turn the piece to fit fhe collet.

MiteyF

OH I HEAR THAT! Disclaimer, I'm not saying one should pick up bad habbits. I'm just saying in the 2 years of using it, I've hit the collet nut 3 times, luckily the Beall is smooth so no blood. However, other PSI owners have noted BLOOD!

No blood here, just a little chuck rash!

dogcatcher

Beall twice the quality that that of PSI.
Even Craft supplies Apprentice has less run out that PSI.

Go Beall and don't look back.

I have 2 PSI chucks, neither have any significant run out, both are as good as my Beall collet chuck. The biggest problem with PSI is people fail to properly seat the collet in the chuck nut. Yes, I have 3, I also have 2 shops, one at home and one at our place in New Mexico.

Top Bottom