Chinese Laser Printer on a Desktop Computer

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

Well, I installed the driver and app on about 6 laptops with little trouble. Despite, all of this experience and enjoying temporary success, I can't get the engraver software to consistently work with my desktop. Most of the laptops had the same W10 OS as my DT. Has anyone experience the same issues. It will work once, after I restart my computer, but not after I exit the application and try to use it again. Thank you!

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

Thanks. I didn't know how, but I did explain in the edit section that I meant to say Engraver. May not be enough. Thanks again.

chartle

Thanks. I didn't know how, but I did explain in the edit section that I meant to say Engraver. May not be enough. Thanks again.

Though it may not get opened. But just realized that are past the editing time limit.

But is it maybe a driver issue?

Last edited:

duncsuss

It will work once, after I restart my computer, but not after I exit the application and try to use it again.

I'm trying to get a clear picture of what you do and how it behaves -- is it correct to say:

1) power on desktop pc
2) plug the laser engraver into 2 USB ports
3) start the application ... it starts ok, you can burn a couple of pieces, etc
4) you unplug the laser engraver from the USB ports
5) you quit the application
... ... ... some time passes ... ... ...
6) plug the laser engraver into 2 USB ports again
7) start the application again ... it doesn't connect to the engraver

If not this, can you list your steps that lead to trouble?

gtriever

I've seen a similar issue with some devices in State Police vehicles. After a while, the USB ports get 'confused'. Here's something you might try: Go into Device Manager, delete ALL the USB hubs and USB root devices, then restart the computer. When it boots, it will see all of them as new hardware and will reinitialize them. Just a thought.

chartle

I've seen a similar issue with some devices in State Police vehicles. After a while, the USB ports get 'confused'. Here's something you might try: Go into Device Manager, delete ALL the USB hubs and USB root devices, then restart the computer. When it boots, it will see all of them as new hardware and will reinitialize them. Just a thought.

Sometimes just plugging them into another USB port "refreshes" the drivers.

TonyL

You are both right. I finally got it work. I have 6 or 7 USB ports. I placed in in one of the 3 or 4 that had a blue tab inside. Thank you.

gtriever

Sometimes just plugging them into another USB port "refreshes" the drivers.

I agree, most of the time that works. The delete /reboot was for extreme cases when it didn't. I've also run into situations where the USB devices had to be plugged in to the same port every time in order to work.

Tony, glad you got the issue resolved. Just by plugging in to USB3? Cool.

scotirish

Laser burner

I have a NEJE laser and had a number of problems lasering on a pen blank. Sometimes it would print small and then another time it would print large (same item). I now use the software to send the picture/lettering to the printer and check the print area. When I want to laser it on the blank I use the red button on the rear right corner. Now the burn is not only the same but it is not distorted.
Ron

Top Bottom