Chinese Laser Engraver - Page 60 - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Community Forums > Shops, Jigs, Fixtures & Tools
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Shops, Jigs, Fixtures & Tools Show off and discuss your workshop and everything in it.

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2017, 04:08 PM   #591 (permalink)

Photos: 10

I got the Meterk 1500 because it has a cooling fan directly above the laser unit. I'm not sure if other brands have that or not, but there was a lot of discussion concerning cooling the unit down with external fans so it made sense to try the Meterk.

I also have the T Shadow & Co. rotary jig linked to above which has performed well and customer service has been fantastic too.

I really have not had any issues with the laser light - the glasses provided with the Meterk work just fine and help pinpoint the focus. Watching the laser while it is operating has not bothered my eyes.

Good luck!

"There are 10 types of people in the world...those who understand binary and those who don't."
SkewedUp is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 11-08-2017, 09:57 AM   #592 (permalink)

Photos: 0

Default In need of the software

Anyone got a link to download the original laser software in the thread? I had mine packed away for some time and need to do something...of course a new computer since storage of the laser...and I have no idea where the software is now. I've looked on truster...tried several downloads and none work. Ones I did get to install, would not allow me to "Drag Image" to burn. Of course the little laser has no id of model.

Thanks
Old 11-08-2017, 10:38 AM   #593 (permalink)

Photos: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akula View Post
Anyone got a link to download the original laser software in the thread? I had mine packed away for some time and need to do something...of course a new computer since storage of the laser...and I have no idea where the software is now. I've looked on truster...tried several downloads and none work. Ones I did get to install, would not allow me to "Drag Image" to burn. Of course the little laser has no id of model.

Thanks
Did you install the driver as well or just the burning software, you need both. Here is a link to the one on trusfer, if that doesn't work for you I can load mine to my website and you could download from there.

http://www.trusfer.com/Download/(dri...0software).zip
http://www.undergroundwoodworking.ca
Rick_G is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Advertisement
Old 11-08-2017, 10:43 AM   #594 (permalink)

I've loaded both

I'll check out the link. Thanks
Old 11-08-2017, 11:00 AM   #595 (permalink)

No cigar.

Everything loads and installs. When I try and "drag an image into the area"...I get the Red Circle.
Old 11-08-2017, 12:42 PM   #596 (permalink)

OK, installed it now on w win7 computer. It all went fine this time, I could send the image into the software.

Now it traces out the size but when I click "Start", laser fires one point...then just returns to center.

Guess it's now junk :(

I had so much fun with it but I had it put into the closet until I recovered (heart attack in 2015). Just now getting out all the toys to play (lathe, laser ect).
Logged on members can hide ads