Chinese Laser Engraver

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sbwertz

Need new laser for neje 1500mw

Two of our Neje 1500mw lasers failed within a couple of days of one another. Both were bought mid summer. The two bought last Christmas are both working fine. Sounds like maybe they had a bad batch of lasers?

Anyway I need to buy a new laser head, and I think I will buy an extra for each laser just in case. They used to be available for about $20 but are hard to find right now (everyone having to replace them?) Amazon has them for $30 and up. Anyone know where I can get them for less? I've been borrowing a burner from a friend to use at the Center for the Blind until I can get mine fixed.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

ebay for $21, but took > 3 weeks to arrive. my second neje arrived in < 10. I have regular orders 4 engraved pens. I wonder if spending 400 or 500 gets me out of the "toy" level?

rickterscale

Hey folks. First thank you all for the info you've shared here. It's been really helpful. I recently purchased the NEJE DK-8-KZ from Gearbest. I can't get the software to work or connect to the engraver.

I downloaded the driver/software package from Trusfer.com as the instructions recommend. I didn't run into any problems with my anti-virus software. The driver successfully installed/downloaded. But when I open the program with the engraver connected, all I get is "Auto Connecting" with the swirling icon, and it never gets past that. I know the engraver is powered and connected because when I connect it to my laptop, the engraver and platform zip around for a couple seconds.

So I'm not sure what to do here. Has anyone run into this issue or have any suggestions? I've tried on two different computers, both running Windows 10, and get the same result.

neje_zpsly1fbmed.jpg

Last edited:

rickterscale

Mine did this also. I found that removing the USB plug from the computer then plugging it back it agin solved the problem

Thanks Bob. So after starting up the program with the engraver connected and you get the "Auto Connecting", you just pull the usb plug and then re-insert it? Tried that and it still isn't getting past "Auto Connecting".

Any other ideas anyone?

wood-of-1kind

Hey folks. First thank you all for the info you've shared here. It's been really helpful. I recently purchased the NEJE DK-8-KZ from Gearbest. I can't get the software to work or connect to the engraver.

I downloaded the driver/software package from Trusfer.com as the instructions recommend. I didn't run into any problems with my anti-virus software. The driver successfully installed/downloaded. But when I open the program with the engraver connected, all I get is "Auto Connecting" with the swirling icon, and it never gets past that. I know the engraver is powered and connected because when I connect it to my laptop, the engraver and platform zip around for a couple seconds.

So I'm not sure what to do here. Has anyone run into this issue or have any suggestions? I've tried on two different computers, both running Windows 10, and get the same result.

neje_zpsly1fbmed.jpg

My NEJE can't run in Windows 10, can this be the problem???
Compatibility issue perhaps? Just a thought.

DJBPenmaker

The usb lead supplied with the laser causes untold amounts of problems, they are complete rubbish. Most people find replacing it with a new quality lead solves the issue.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

DJBPenmaker

neje_zpsly1fbmed.jpg

My NEJE can't run in Windows 10, can this be the problem???
Compatibility issue perhaps? Just a thought.
My Neje 1500 runs in Windows 10 without any problems.

I haven't had any issues running the NEJE on my Windows 10 computer, but it did act wonky once when I had incorrectly swapped the connections to the computer versus the power supply. It looked like it was going to work (the laser head moved, etc), then gave me an error message (don't recall what it said) in the software. I'm also using a 2.0a USB power supply, since I've heard that under-powered power supplies also cause wonky behavior.

TonyL

I had much success with the standard download for windows 10, but couldn't get it to loade on my newest computer. I finally succeeded with this version: NejeLaserPrintExtended.

KiwiBob

Thanks for the links Hank
The second link you suggested is dead.
The first link has several suggested links to software solutions but are now dead.
So still looking.
I cant find Dbeam anywhere

rickterscale

I got it working. Apparently the software package from the trusfer site didn't work with my machine, or I was trying to use the wrong one (there are many options). It worked using the software from the CD that came with the machine. Thanks folks!

mmayo

Something else to engrave

Quick success. Frig magnets from my community.

Attachments

• C0A5C5C7-5548-403B-B932-9694995CDCA3.jpg
    C0A5C5C7-5548-403B-B932-9694995CDCA3.jpg
    306.7 KB · Views: 219

TonyL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
I had much success with the standard download for windows 10, but couldn't get it to loade on my newest computer. I finally succeeded with this version: NejeLaserPrintExtended.
Tony, do you have a link for that? Thanks.
See above

leehljp

Member Liaison
Thanks for the links Hank
The second link you suggested is dead.
The first link has several suggested links to software solutions but are now dead.
So still looking.
I cant find Dbeam anywhere

Bob,

Try a different browser if you have one. Both links are working for me, and the first one is from this forum. It should work.

pappyultra

I have the NEJE-DK-8-KZ it works as long as the font is not large for the barrel. There is some smoke, I use a small fan, I also use the dark glasses that came with the machine. It was $ 79.95 on eBay. Software was simple to install on an old lap top. I also have seen a set up made on a 3D printer that rotates the work piece while the table is moving front to back, I can't remember where, but I know u can get one'

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

DJBPenmaker

I have the NEJE-DK-8-KZ it works as long as the font is not large for the barrel. There is some smoke, I use a small fan, I also use the dark glasses that came with the machine. It was $ 79.95 on eBay. Software was simple to install on an old lap top. I also have seen a set up made on a 3D printer that rotates the work piece while the table is moving front to back, I can't remember where, but I know u can get one'

Benson Pace does such a jig.

TonyL

Well I definitely jinxed myself..now I can't get my engraver to see my com port. My computer sees the right comm port, but my engraver can't see it. Don't know what else to try...but I am sure it can be figured out.

philb

Well I sent my non-working 1500 back and now have a replacement, which amazingly for me works straight out of the box!

Managed to get burnings into the paper and plywood flat pieces, but on trying a raw wood blank it seems to be burning less deeply. I've adjusted the foacal length to as small as I can see. Burn time also on maximum, but not giving a very deep burn, if any. I know Beech is fairly hard timber, but have seen harder being burnt on this thread.

Anyone have any burn time examples etc for woods?

Cheers

mecompco

Well I sent my non-working 1500 back and now have a replacement, which amazingly for me works straight out of the box!

Managed to get burnings into the paper and plywood flat pieces, but on trying a raw wood blank it seems to be burning less deeply. I've adjusted the foacal length to as small as I can see. Burn time also on maximum, but not giving a very deep burn, if any. I know Beech is fairly hard timber, but have seen harder being burnt on this thread.

Cheers

I've been using "80" to engrave tight-grained Black Walnut (with a Tru-Oil finish). BOW finished with CA I believe I run a little shorter. It's always best to test an unturned blank if you're not sure. I have the NEJE 1W, so I'd think your 1.5W shouldn't have any problem with Beech.

Magicbob

We sell the Mike Shortness designed rotary jig on our website
T. Shadow & Co. LLC

philb

Cheers

I've been using "80" to engrave tight-grained Black Walnut (with a Tru-Oil finish). BOW finished with CA I believe I run a little shorter. It's always best to test an unturned blank if you're not sure. I have the NEJE 1W, so I'd think your 1.5W shouldn't have any problem with Beech.

Thanks, maybe it's more of a focus issue then! Have tried it on '120' and still quite faint.
More experimenting needed, seems that focusing the laser is the hardest part with these little ones

mecompco

Cheers

Thanks, maybe it's more of a focus issue then! Have tried it on '120' and still quite faint.
More experimenting needed, seems that focusing the laser is the hardest part with these little ones

Focus is important, but at 120 you should be getting a dark burn. If the focus is horribly out, the burn will look fuzzy as the "dot" is spread out. Just go for the smallest dot you can and it should be good. I'm wondering if your replacement unit is good.

philb

Seemed to burn on the flat plywood they supplied with it fine, but on 'proper' woods it's struggling!

Getting nowhere near as deep looking burn as most examples on this thread!

duncsuss

We sell the Mike Shortness designed rotary jig on our website

I was one of the early purchasers of the rotary jig (last July) back when the axle was plastic and a bit flimsy -- I contacted you about it then and you confirmed it was a weak point in the design.

Do you offer a special rate to upgrade to the newer "stronger axle" design that you're now selling?

Top Bottom