Chainsaw chain source in U.S.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Russknan

I have a Husqvarna chainsaw with an 18 inch bar which I recently purchased. Can anybody here suggest a US source (Internet) for quality chains at a good price? Thanks, Russ

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

Sorry.....just saw(pun intended) this post.

I started out using Bailey's, but recently have moved away from them. Their website has 'everything listed', but they rarely have 'anything' in stock....expect long waits now that the 'gifted personnel they employed' have started their own company(and have backing from the vendors that Bailey's had used).

That said, I started looking at a LOT of places.

If you are just wanting to purchase a loop or two, your local shop is the best resource. By the time you pay shipping, you will not beat the 'local shop'.

If you are going to be ordering 50+ loops of chain a year, then you should really think about getting the equipment and making your own....it is really easy and not that expensive to get started. Still not wanting to make them? Okay, some folks just don't want too...

Chainsawdirect.com - pretty quick, great people.
Leftcoastsupplies.com - took over where baileys dropped the ball
Baileys.com - still open, just might have to wait

Make your own loops?

>>>link for stuff<<<

Hope this helps?
[edit: by the way, you need to know what type chain you want...it'll be on the side of the bar]

Scott (chainsaws are fun) B

Last edited:

Russknan

Thanks, all! I knew I could get good guidance here. Scott, I especially appreciate your critique and links. My local dealer charged me $30 for a chain after I boogered one up. Found I could get two for $30 shipped on Amazon Prime. Bailey's was a little less. I'm a beginning bowl turner these days, and use the saw to cut bowl blanks. So I don't expect to go through a lot of chains. Again, thanks a lot! Russ

SDB777

Ouch...$30 sounds like he was 'ripping you off'. Check around for some other shops, give them a call and ask(that is free).

I too use a small Stihl MS250 to 'adjust' bowl blanks....go through about 5 loops a year(sharpen them until there is nothing left to cut with). But now that I have my bigger lathe, the Jonsered 2094 w/32" bar will be helping with bowl blank duty!

Scott (love me a roll of chain) B

Russknan

Scott, congrats on the lathe. But how the heck do you manage to lift such big pieces onto it? With me, "heavy" seems to be redefined downward with each new year . . . Russ

SDB777

I can understand going 'smaller' as the years go by....

My typical blank is about the size of a 5 gallon bucket, maybe 45-55lbs, depending on species and the amount of moisture. Not too heavy. Having a manual sawmill, manual log moving stuff and doing things on a 'budget'(free as I can get by with)...I've learned to move the heavy stuff.

Scott (hope you find some 'deals') B

Top Bottom