Caution...may cause shop envy!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

JimGo

I know what you're thinking, oh sure, another shop. Well, here's one to envy! Just please try to keep the jealous comments to a minimum.

My shop toys:
200551223440_Shop%20Toys.jpg

Tyring to find some space anywhere I can:
200551223518_As%20much%20storage%20as%20possible.jpg

Yes, that's all the turning space I have (my lathe is at the back):
200551223646_Turnin%20Space.jpg

When I'm not turning, I also have to store some other "stuff" in there:
200551223830_What%20came%20out.jpg

Here's what it looks like when I'm not in there:
200551223927_End%20of%20the%20Day.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MDWine

JIM!!! You cleaned up a bit too!! [:D]

I gotta give ya credit! You do nice work, indicating that a tidy LARGE shop is not a requirement!

...hmmmm... maybe I could get some pointers from you concerning my dump... uh... shop... On top of all the junk I have in my shop, #1 some is coming home from college with ALL OF HIS STUFF next weekend... no turning and more stuff...

When does shcool start again? [;)]

woodscavenger

Reminds me of the "shop" I started in. I built my first peice of furniture (a large blanket chest) out of our washer/dryer shed. I had to pull all of the tools out under the carport to work then put them all back at night. I put the finish on in a neighbors shed. So if you sneeze to you risk a concussion?[:D]

woodguy1975

Think about all the energy you save by not having to walk to get to your tools! [:)] That is more energy you can put into your pens. [8D] Big shops are nice, but I can wear myself out trying to find a misplaced item.

Woodbutcher68

Small shops have lots of advantages. Less area to clean up, everything is close at hand, cheaper to heat/cool and it keeps you from buying every new tool and gadget that comes out.

JimGo

Wait, I don't understand how that last part ("and it keeps you from buying every new tool and gadget that comes out") is a good thing. Could you explain? [;)]

Daniel

!JIM! Good News, You can stop seeing the doctor about that pain in your elbow. I figured it out. It has to be from all the banging on those walls they must be doing. My old shop seems spacious now. I was at least able to turn around while holding a pen blank. Goes to show that where there is a will there is a way. and thank of all the time you save nto having to clean on that unnecessary space [:D]

atvrules1

Wait a minute Jim, just above the lathe and to the left a litte, looks like there is room for about 8" of shelving. And a suspended shelf from the ceiling should fit. Together those should about double your storage space.[:D] Actually makes me feel better that not everyone has a huge shop. And after looking at your pens obviously the lack of space hasn't inhibited your ability. Keep up the good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom