Carry Master Caster

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Just curious Tony, what tool or bench do you need that kind of accuracy in leveling in a workshop?? I use Home Depot rollers and never worry about leveling to that degree. I work in a basement shop with a tiled concrete floor so whatever level is there is there. I put tools and cabinets on rollers to move around and not worry about leveling to that degree.

They look good quality but I bet they come with a hefty price tag too.

TonyL

Hi John. My shop also rests on a concrete floor. I don't need the leveling accuracy; I want to be able to move the tool (1221) and "lock it" into place when using. I have Kreg casters and the like (in fact, bought another 4 for the stand that I am building), but I don't know if they designed to withstand my leaning into them - I guess I am not really leaning into the lathe. I think I just answered my own question! Thanks for helping me think it through. :)

tonylumps

They are perfect for a mobile lathe stand .But I keep putting off buying because of price.They are not for leveling. Just for stability.The cheapest I found was on Amazon.I have seen them used a lot in commercial kitchens where they pull out heavy equipment to clean the area.

TonyL

Thanks Tony. I thought the price for the light duty (50 pounds per wheel) wasn't bad. The Kreg casters aren't cheap either. I will research more or just use the casters that I bought for it.

tonylumps

Thanks Tony. I thought the price for the light duty (50 pounds per wheel) wasn't bad. The Kreg casters aren't cheap either. I will research more or just use the casters that I bought for it.

I have the Kreg work bench No there casters are not cheap.But I need to have everything on wheels So I was forced to get them. They are stem mount.I was not having any luck finding the right threads that were taped on the bottom of the legs.

jttheclockman

They are perfect for a mobile lathe stand .But I keep putting off buying because of price.They are not for leveling. Just for stability.The cheapest I found was on Amazon.I have seen them used a lot in commercial kitchens where they pull out heavy equipment to clean the area.

Depends on what you are buying. They are for leveling. How many times do you lock a rolling cart??? I lock 2 tools all the time, tablesaw and bandsaw and bandsaw not always. Workbench and cabinets are so heavy they do not need locking. The bench my lathe sits on has never been locked but it is on rollers because I have droped many things behind the cabinet and have to roll it out. lathe moves nowhere. I have a Jet 1014 sitting on it. I have 2 locking wheel and 2 rollers. All are 360 degree swivel. I buy the flat plate ones where you use lag screws to attach to the bottom. I have mainly bought mine from Home Depot because Harbor Freight was not around at that time but they carry wheels also. Depending on height will determine the size you need.

When working in a small shop this is something that is needed. Over the years I have been able to do a pretty good job using all my tools and it is a shop full. Takes some getting use to but it works. Would I love to have a huge workshop, you bet. But that is not going to happen and the older I get the more I start thinking of shutting down all together. For now happy wheeling.

KenV

Tony, those are excellent castors and allow leveling the lathe well, and minimize vibration with secure fit to the floor. They do not move easily with body bumps

If you are moving equipment often, the hassle factor of engaging wheel mode from securely planted on the floor will wear on a person. Moving three times a day, they are not optimal.

Top Bottom