Byrnes saw or other

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fish30114

I've been revisiting purchasing one of the mini table saws, does anyone have any input on whether the Micro Lux mini saw is worth it, being a good bit cheaper than the Bynes? I'm also open to other input as to what saw(s) might be a good alternative to the Byrnes, or why not...

Any input/advice is welcomed.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mrburls

Byrnes all the way. I use mine all the time when making pens. Great saw with plenty of power. I've never been more happy with a power tool.
Keith

Fish30114

Hey JT, been out of the loop for a while, getting back into it. I am wanting to make precise cuts and try my hand at segmenting--I've tried a sled on my band saw, and I don't know if it's my retardation or the bandsaw's capabilities, but no go for consistent accurate cuts with the Rikon 10" bandsaw. I'm also a knife maker, so the ability to trim accurately to make handle scales is another desire--one possible issue there, is that knife scale blocks often start as large as 2" x 3" and I believe that is a pretty good bit beyond the abilities of the Byrnes--and probably a lot of mini-saws.

Thanks for the question.

jttheclockman

Well I am from the school of large tools. For the price of that saw I could have a very nice floor model table saw with all the bells and whistles and can do so much more with it. There are also nice job site saws which you either can place on a table or come with a stand. But for accuracy I am hearing that is a nice saw. Good luck.

Bozz

Without ANY hesitation I would go with the Brynes mini table saw. I've had mine for 7 years and love it. Yes, it was/is very expensive; it's the price you pay for an AMERICAN QUALITY BUILT AND MADE PRODUCT. Worth every penny I paid for it. You can make paper thin cuts with this saw; it is amazing. NO REGRETS.

Top Bottom