Bosch Colt Router

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

A deal I thought I needed to pass on in case you do not see it.

I bring this to attention here because we are woodworkers and we use tools other than lathes. Lowes is having a Black Friday sale and in it is the Bosch Colt 1HP VS router $79. I have a few of these routers and they are a great small router for doing many tasks. I have one set up just for making segmented pens on my lathe. Others are used for other things. Putting decorative edges on frames or bases for projects or making slots in frames or working on boxes of any kind are all projects that can helped with a router. I believe I will have to pick up another just because the price is so good. Just passing it along and the router has my endorsement. Here are a couple pens I made using the one I have set up on my lathe. I did a whole thread in the Segmenting Forum on this set up back when that forum just started up if anyone wants to read about it. Sorry but most of the photos were lost because they were posted when PhotoBucket was a free site. Not going to pay their stupid expensive fees. Sorry again about that but the router is still a good deal.

Attachments

• Copy of Copy of IMGP0881.jpg
    Copy of Copy of IMGP0881.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 175
  • Copy of Copy of IMGP0897.jpg
    Copy of Copy of IMGP0897.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 187
  • IMGP0818.jpg
    IMGP0818.jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gtriever

Thanks for the info! That's a good price on a good router; if I didn't already have 4 palm-sized routers I'd pick up a couple.

Dehn0045

Thanks for the heads-up JT, I am actually looking for another router so that I can keep my other one permanently mounted in my table. Good to see you jumping back into the fray here!

Rick_G

To bad we don't have a lowes around here, I would be tempted to try and sneak another in here, but already having that one and 3, 2HP routers it would be hard to justify even to myself.

moke

That is a great deal...I have one I bought a couple years ago at 129.00 and it was well worth it, it is a great tool. At 79.00 that is a great price!!

Dehn0045 it is smaller than a regular router....it really only takes 1/4" shank. It is really classified as a trim or laminate router. I use it for round over and such, but you definitely can't take a big cut or plunge deep into hard wood with a bigger bit. Well...at least that is not what it is meant for.....

Curly

To bad we don't have a lowes around here, I would be tempted to try and sneak another in here, but already having that one and 3, 2HP routers it would be hard to justify even to myself.

Got one here in S'toon. There prices are on par with everyone else. The Colt on Lowes website starts at $190Can and goes up to $400 for a deluxe kit of some kind. I can't find a sale on it there.

Home Depot have them for $99Can on line though.

WriteON

Black Fri lives. I happened to be in Lowe's. The Colt is still on sale so I got one. No idea what I'm going to do with it but it will be learning. Thanks for the heads up thread.

beck3906

I have one and stopped using because the depth of the bit kept changing. I was always needing to readjust the depth. The lever that locks the base to the motor just wouldn't get tight enough. If you get one, ensure you can adjust the tightness.

Top Bottom