The borrowed shop

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I am calling this the borrowed shop as most of it is coming from stuffed that I borrowed from my mother in law's shop.

I borrowed her lathe, scroll saw, grinder, and two roughing gouges. I picked up an 8 inch drill press from HF and a pen press off of ebay. I bungied the pick from my shopvac to the lathe to act as a quasi dust collector. Due to budget, I am using a heavy duty blade on the scroll saw for cutoffs.

Please excuse the mess around the tools, I had to squeeze them in around the junk and other other toys (i.e. R/C stuff) in the garage.

Attachments

• 20150930_154550.jpg
    20150930_154550.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 249
  • 20150930_154541.jpg
    20150930_154541.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 244
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimB

There's nothing wrong with borrowed. 8 years ago I borrowed my friend's drill press to get started in pen making. The drill press is still in my shop! Congrats on 'your' shop.

Rockytime

I borrowed my friend's router several years ago and then he wantd it returned, the rat. Of course he has had my mig welder ever since it wats new. HE has built 2 live steamers since then with it. Guess he's gonna keep it.. I just let him do my welding. All is good.

I was going to buy the smaller lathe from HF, but my mother in law did not want me spending the money if I was not going to stay with wood turning after this project is over. Especially with another future woodworker on the way.

She also lent me two Sorby tools but I feel bad if I use them and screw up sharpening them, so I got myself the HSS set from HF. This way I screw up my own tools.

Top Bottom