Bolt action bullets

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dbledsoe

I am in the process of making three of these, and , as usual, I need to take one of them apart.
Does anyone have any experience with disassembling a bolt action pen. I don't want to break the bolt trying to drive it out--- again.

ossaguy

You will need the HF transfer punch set.1st thing to do is unscrew the nib,then the refill.With a #1 Phillips screwdriver,go up from the nib end and loosen the setscrew that holds the bolt in place.Unscrew the bolt.Then using the exact fitting transfer punch,pop the body off.

If you want to switch the bolt to the right,just press out the end brass coupler from the body,and file the cutout in the new place,then press it all back together.

Hope this helps,
Steve

Lenny

All I have managed to do was knock the couplers out when using a tight fitting punch. I then switched to a smaller punch and angled it to catch the edge, eventually working my way around until it came loose.
I have to replace an antler pen that cracked. Hope I have better luck with that one than I did with the first.

mywoodshopca

Charlottetown, PEI Canada, Derby Kansas and Canyon
Great... I need to take one apart soon.. strange thing is.. I made a few one day, they were all done at the same time, but one is about 1/8" shorter then the others on the tube causing the ink to be too far out. BUT I used an end mill for squaring and never shortened the brass tube.. not sure what happened unless it came a shade shorter or something?

Top Bottom