Birthday Present - Tool Gloat

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Crashmph

Here is my Birthday Present from me to me... :)

Attachments

• Delta-Drill Press.png
    Delta-Drill Press.png
    851.7 KB · Views: 487
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ambidex

If I were me I'd buy myself something wonderful to celebrate my niceness..and take myself out for a great meal while I'm at it..what a wonderful guy i are:tongue::tongue::tongue:..nice dp by the way

Ambidex

Hey Mike..sensing a feeling of love from all us envious peeps yet?...a u suck is in order here..:biggrin:..and by the way..is your shop always that clean?

Last edited:

Crashmph

Thanks all for the kind words and the obligatory "u suck". Shop is a mess cause I had to re-arrange it a bit so the new DP would fit. The location of the old DP was not a good fit for the new DP due to the height of 78" on the mobile base. So that also meant that I had to rework the dust collection, install a new power outlet, etc...

I will get some pictures posted soon of how the my shop looks when it is organized... otherwise it is just an embarrassment when it is a mess.

rjwolfe3

I am debating on buying that same one. I have it on my wish list at Amazon right now. Problem is I need a lawnmower more lol. Congrats on the birthday gift.

LeeR

I am debating on buying that same one. I have it on my wish list at Amazon right now. Problem is I need a lawnmower more lol. Congrats on the birthday gift.

You could go all natural, and just let the grass grow to its natural height. It would offer a nice natural setting for birds and other little creatures near you. And to appease your neighbors, you could call it something that conjures up images you see on those NatGeo specials, like "savannah".

Or just hire the neighbor's kid to mow, provided he has his own mower. (Do neighborhoods still have kids that mow?) :tongue:

jfoh

I bought mine last year. Very good drill press. Good add on is a drill press table or a fence. I have both and find they each have their fine points. Not sure the laser cross hairs work as well as the maker claims. When drilling repeated blind holes the depth stop is a real help. Plus who can not be happy with a 6" deep hole when needed?

I had a Powermatic that had major runout problems, noisy bearings were what I thought the problem was. But after replacing and rebuilding a brand new machine it still could not do as well as a 10 year old Craftsman drill press. Several attempts to correct it failed. Nice people to work with, but my machine was a Monday morning mistake. Went back to my old 15" Craftsman for about a year.

When Woodcraft offered 10% off their best sale price I bought the grey monster. Money well spent. Right out of the box it was as smooth and runout free.

Top Bottom