Best place to get Jet mini VS???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dario

Kevin,

With all my weekends being spent out of town...LOML is forcing me (yes twisting my arms even) to buy a jet mini!!! So I'll have a lathe to use at my in-laws place.

I am normally don't want too much expenses but she is insisting so what can I do? I have to make her happy you know. [:D][}:)]

Actually, I was hoping for one of those oneway 1018's on the auction that Charles went to...well I can dream can't I? LOL.

gerryr

I don't know about anybody else, but for pens I only use two of the five speeds on my Jet Mini, the slowest drilling and sanding and the second fastest for turning. Even if I had the VS model, I would still have to change belts and the non-VS is quite a bit cheaper.

dubdrvrkev

Well you better do what she wants. You might want to get a little bandsaw too [;)][}:)]
Personally if it is a secondary lathe I'd save the money on the VS and put into tools, like mentioned above you don't need alot of options if your just turning pens on it, besides on the mini it only takes about 30 seconds to change the belt. If you're turning more than pens then the VS may come in handy.

Dario

Kevin,

I'll keep that in mind since it will be just for pens for now anyway. Thanks!

On the bandsaw...no need. I will just bring pre-tubed pen blanks with me. I might have to buy extra mandrels but that is it. I have enough other supplies to bring there [:D]

rfreeouf

I ordered my Jet Mini VS today! The guy said it would ship out on Tuesday because of the weekend. Even though the shipping will be delayed a few days the price was right. I basically will get the Jet Mini VS for $340.15 Including shipping. If you factor in the $25 rebate offered by Jet I will end up getting the Lathe for $315.15. All in All I don't think I can out too bad on the price for the lathe.

I will follow up with another post when I recive my lathe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom