Beall Collet Chuck Adapter

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Justturnin

I won the Beal Collet Chuck in the IAP drawing. I am super excited!!!!

Now my problem.....:crying:

I wanted to get it for my Metal Lathe which is a Grizzly 9x19. The Spindle on the lathe is a M39 x 4tpi. I have been doing some searching but I can't find an adapter to take me down to the sizes that Beall Offers (33mm, 3/4"-16, 1"-8, 1-1/4"-8, or 1-1/2"-8).

Does anyone know where I can get an adaptor for my lathe or know if Beall actually makes a 39mm Collet?

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!

geeze, I never though finally winning something would be so stressful. :confused: :hammer:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MarkD

I have been looking at the 1 1/4" Beall Collet Chucks for a new lathe I have on the way. I have not seen any 39mm adapters. It's possible that you can find a different brand of ER32 collect chuck to fit your lathe ( I had to go with a 2MT collect chuck for my metal lathe ).
Something like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-ER32-MT...8?pt=BI_Tool_Work_Holding&hash=item256675b75e

As long as it's a ER32 collet chuck the Beall collets will work with it.

If you happen to end up with a 1 1/4" Beall Chuck that you can't use I might be interested.

Last edited:

Justturnin

Did your lathe come with a 3-jaw chuck? If so, you can chuck the body of the collet chuck in it. Runout should be minimal.

That could be an option, not optimal but an option.

How about using your metal lathe to make your own custom adapter? Sounds like a good project.

Ed

Maybe one day but for now I do not have the necessary tooling or the money to get it.

I have been looking at the 1 1/4" Beall Collet Chucks for a new lathe I have on the way. I have not seen any 39mm adapters. It's possible that you can find a different brand of ER32 collect chuck to fit your lathe ( I had to go with a 2MT collect chuck for my metal lathe ).
Something like this: New ER32 MT2 3 8" Collet Chuck Holder CNC Millling US | eBay

If you happen to end up with a 1 1/4" Beall Chuck that you can't use I might be interested.

I am leaning towards the 1.5" so if I ever get a larger wooden lathe I can use it on there. I also have a 1"x8tpi from PSI for my smaller lathe.

Justturnin

Well I made about 10 calls today and nobody knew what I was saying much less had what I needed. That said, I called in the reserves. My buddy works in the Oil industry and deals with a lot of different machine shops. I reached out to him and he may have a shop that will make me one. Fingers crossed.

The Penguin

Did your lathe come with a 3-jaw chuck? If so, you can chuck the body of the collet chuck in it. Runout should be minimal.

That could be an option, not optimal but an option.

How about using your metal lathe to make your own custom adapter? Sounds like a good project.

Ed

Maybe one day but for now I do not have the necessary tooling or the money to get it.

Something like this: New ER32 MT2 3 8" Collet Chuck Holder CNC Millling US | eBay

I am leaning towards the 1.5" so if I ever get a larger wooden lathe I can use it on there. I also have a 1"x8tpi from PSI for my smaller lathe.

All the tooling you got with that lathe...you ought to be able to make something as simple as this.

not sure how "large" of a wooden lathe you MIGHT get in the future, but a powermatic 3520B has 1.25" x 8 spindle threads, and I think the 4224 does as well. If you go to a big Oneway, it has M33 threads. I'd reconsider the 1.5" collet chuck.

you could try Best Wood Tools - they sell lots of adapters. I did not see one for your sized spindle, but I bet ther could make it for you: PRECISION STEEL SPINDLE ADAPTERS with Thru Hole For Vacuum Chucking Applications

Justturnin

I went digging around in the shop and found a piece od 1.25" x 8tpi Stainless threaded rod. I am going to make an adapter to hold in my 3 jaw chuck. I could put the collet in there but I don't want to risk damaging it. Once I get the collet and get it made I will post a pic of what I make.

Top Bottom