Barrell Trimming (Yep another way)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Twist-Ed

This is what I've been doing...
Questions, comments, verbal abuse all are welcome......

Attachments

• Barrell Trimmer.jpg
    Barrell Trimmer.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 688
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I wish someone made a jig that could go into my chuck that could hold my HF punches off center of my drill chuck so I could hit the sandpaper off the center of my sanding disk.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Mike, a Boring Head is ideal for off setting:wink:

Ed, theoretically I like the idea but for me any sandpaper that is suitable for effective barrel trimming just isn't magnetic. :wink:

I'm not sure that fixing a magnet ( or any other item ) in the tips of a collet is a good idea either. :wink:

randyrls

Mike, a Boring Head is ideal for off setting:wink:

Ed, theoretically I like the idea but for me any sandpaper that is suitable for effective barrel trimming just isn't magnetic. :wink:

I'm not sure that fixing a magnet ( or any other item ) in the tips of a collet is a good idea either. :wink:

Skippy; I had thought about the boring head, but it is just too 'twitchy" and not likely to be very robust.

jfoh

You can get wad punches in several sizes / gauges. Black powder shooters shoot paper or card stock wads and punch them out. I use a .030 and .040 punch to make holes in sand paper. Then slide it onto a custom mandrel I turned on my metal lathe. I have about six of the punches and can find one of them that suits my hole size needs. You can buy them for a few bucks on EBay.

Top Bottom