Bandsaw Jig...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

opfoto

Hi everyone...

I have a Craftsman(flame suit on)14" Bandsaw. The model number escapes me but I have had it for 8-9 years. I don't like the fences that Sears has for this, but I would like to get ideas for making my own but I don't know where to start. The table is square with no holes pre-drilled. Thanks

Woodlvr

Marc,
The Kreg is great. I have it on my Ridgid 14" bandsaw and you can predrill the holes and use this one. WC carries them if you want to look at one close up.

Mike

palmermethod

Marc, I also have a Sears tilting band saw. I am also "tuning" it up especially modifying the fence, I discovered that the aluminum table top is not flat. Looks flat but isn't. I added a MDF piece to the fence making certain it was perfectly flat and straight and the variations in the top is very evident.
You may want to check the flatness of your top as a new fence may not work well. Mine has several depressions around the throat area which causes thin stock to bind underneath the fence. Not good.

In order to get my fence mod to work I would have to scribe a line parallel to the top and fit the fence that way.

I have thought about a Rockler's table top but it really isn't made for my saw. I'll probably make my own with Rockler parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom