Bandsaw Blank Cutting Jig (pics)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

chazmonro

Here is one I put together with stuff just laying around the shop. A piece of counter top from a sink cutout and some half inch cabinet grade plywood. Oh, and an oak runner. Please excuse the poor quality of the photos, I need more light down there.

cuttingJig.jpg

Here is a pic of the bandsaw its on.
bandsaw1.jpg

Just in case anyone wants to see it, I got this light at a garage sale for 2.50 and simply bolted it onto the top for some much needed light.
bandsawLight.jpg

Im working on a pen blank drilling jig next to go on my shopsmith, its going to be made of the same material.

Chuck

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JohnDrayton

I made a drilling jig for my shomsmith by modifying the jig shown inall the pen turning books, I set my saw table to the verticle and attache the jig in the miter guage slot with "t" botls and wing nuts and then bore horizontally, worksx great!!!
J.D. Drayton (Ark)

JohnDrayton

ignore my first answer, god! what spelling, should read,, I made a horizontal boring jig for my Shopsmith by making a drill jig like the one they show in all the pen turning books. I set the saw table to the vertical
position and attaching with "t" bolts in the miter guage slot. it works great and is infinitly adjustable.
J.D. Drayton

chazmonro

Ron, that isn't an extra slot, its a line drawn with a permanant marker... I wish I could say I put it there on purpose, but actually its a remnant from the guys who cut the sink hole in the counter top. They must have drawn that line on there for some reason, maybe the center line of the sink, who knows.

John, any possability there is a pic somewhere on-line of that jig? My wife is going to be out of work soon with our new baby, and my budget is cut big time at the moment, so no new woodworking books until she goes back to work. Actually no new nothing right now!

Chuck

JohnDrayton

I will see if I can find a picture of it somewhere, very simple, just a backer board approx 8x10 with a block in the middle that has a slot to hold a blank, mine has a 3/4" slot. I saw it pictured in a "how to" book by Mike Cripps, don't own the book but saw it a woodcraft and came home and experimented till I got it where I wanted, you can put the blanks donw in the slot or turn them at 45 degrees and lay the corners across the slot, using clamp so it can't move.
J.D. Drayton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom