Bandsaw

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cmiles1985

I have it. It's a bandsaw, and that's about it. There are many things I don't like about it. The only thing I do like is that it's a bandsaw, and it has enough power to do what I ask of it. It does not come with a fence. Since the slot in the table comes through the front, most aftermarket fence systems (like the Kreg that I bought) are inconvenient as you have to remove the fence rail to change blades. The 99.75" blade size is only available at Sears or online (that may be the case with all blades). The bearing guide rail is flimsy. Anytime you adjust the height, you pretty much have to readjust the guides. The list goes on from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

turn81

I have it. It's a bandsaw, and that's about it. There are many things I don't like about it. The only thing I do like is that it's a bandsaw, and it has enough power to do what I ask of it. It does not come with a fence. Since the slot in the table comes through the front, most aftermarket fence systems (like the Kreg that I bought) are inconvenient as you have to remove the fence rail to change blades. The 99.75" blade size is only available at Sears or online (that may be the case with all blades). The bearing guide rail is flimsy. Anytime you adjust the height, you pretty much have to readjust the guides. The list goes on from there.

Thanks.....so save the pennies and actually upgrade is what you are telling me....

Cmiles1985

Thanks.....so save the pennies and actually upgrade is what you are telling me....

If I did it over again, that's what I would do.

farmer

and saw

From my understanding a band saw that has a fence is called a Re-saw .
Regardless Kregg makes a after market fence that fits most band saws .
I have one on my 14 in ridgid Band saw .

Mikeyt

I have the craftsman band saw it works ok I get saw blades from woodcraft and have the Kreg fence it works good. I am happy with the saw it cuts what I need

turn81

I have the craftsman band saw it works ok I get saw blades from woodcraft and have the Kreg fence it works good. I am happy with the saw it cuts what I need

In not using it all day, so I would think it might work well with the right blades. If I were doing this full time I might look into a grizzly or something comparable.

Top Bottom