Band Saw Sled

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

toddlf

I just finished making a sled for my band saw. I no sooner finished making it and I already have a list of modification I want to make. I know I want to add an adjustable stop to it so I can more easily make repeatable cut. And, I want to use it as pen blank sizing jig, so I will be adding that capability as well.

Here is a link to the YouTube video of me making the sled:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7nqFyvH3y0

I have included a photo as well.

What kind of modifications have you made to your band saw sleds? What kind of modification do you wish you would have made?

Attachments

• IMG_2262.jpg
    IMG_2262.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 239
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Todd I do not get too involved with a bandsaw sleds because to me they are all jigs. You want a stop block system just a couple clamps and block of wood and you got a stop block. If you need hold downs a couple more clamps. I attach all my jigs to my miter gauge. This way I can angle the so called sled if I need to. But I make those bottom piece and back fence all the time for any circumstance that comes along. I do that alot on my tablesaw too. I do make a more solid sled for a tablesaw because there is where you need angles and hold downs more so than a bandsaw. Just my way of doing things. Good luck in your quest. :)

toddlf

Todd I do not get too involved with a bandsaw sleds because to me they are all jigs. You want a stop block system just a couple clamps and block of wood and you got a stop block. If you need hold downs a couple more clamps. I attach all my jigs to my miter gauge. This way I can angle the so called sled if I need to. But I make those bottom piece and back fence all the time for any circumstance that comes along. I do that alot on my tablesaw too. I do make a more solid sled for a tablesaw because there is where you need angles and hold downs more so than a bandsaw. Just my way of doing things. Good luck in your quest. :)

Those are all great points. I have made a couple "single purpose" table saw sleds in the last couple months to help with some tricky angles. I could do more of the same in the future with the band saw as well.

Top Bottom