Arbor Question.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wyone

well hmmm it sort of needs more description. I wonder if it is threaded like 1/4 28 so you could use it for a replacement MT adapter with a mandrel I think a lot of those mandrels that have replaceable rods are that thread, but this has no description to speak of.

TonyL

I found it why looking viewing their site; I have not idea what it does/used for.

randyrls

Tony; This is an adapter sleeve. Examples: a lathe with an MT2 (Morse #2) Taper can be used with an MT1 taper mandrel with a sleeve put between them. When going from larger to smaller, the taper is just a sleeve and looks like the photo. When going from smaller to larger, the taper sticks out further and DOES NOT look like the photo. There are other types of arbors used with Jacobs chucks that go from MT to JT (Jacobs Taper). This link has several different arbors

and this one has a link to a sleeve I use on my metal lathe (MT3) head stock taper to mount an MT2 mandrel on the lathe.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

magpens

Sorry, but I don't believe it is a sleeve.

As Larry says above, it is meant to be used with a threaded mandrel rod. The mandrel threads into the wide end of the object shown, and that object is inserted into the MT2 taper of your lathe headstock, and thus you drive the mandrel with your bushings and pen blank.

toddlajoie

You can also use it to mount a variety of things to your lathe, buffing wheels, sanding plates, home made jigs, just about anything you can secure with a 1/4-20 bolt...

Top Bottom