Arbor Press

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
The one ton has a slightly larger opening capacity, making it accomodate a slimline without modification. The half-ton needs some work to make this happen.

Otherwise, a half ton is certainly enough pressure to crack any pen you make!!![:D][:D][:D][:D]

LanceD

Go with the one ton. It has more clearance for some of the longer kits, and especially for pressing in the transmissions on slim lines.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by 74cuda
<br />Thanks,

Trip to HF soon.

Ed... Do well at the show?

Just well enough to keep it on the schedule next year. Short hours, pull trailer in building to reload-makes the parameter lower than most.

Rosemont starts Wednesday-they always save the b____ for last!!!

[:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!]

Paul in OKC

I hae the 1/2 ton. Used it off and on until I built one. It works fine for most kits. If you bolt it down to a base, you can remove the plate and have more room for longer stuff!

loglugger

It sounds like it might be where you get one. I have the ½ ton from HF, bolt it down and when you do a longer pen just turn the plate and it gives you more length.
Bob

I don't know if mine is 1/2 or 1 ton.. there is enough room on the plate to press most parts, but have to move the plate to insert transmissions.. I had to modify it slightly by putting a block of hardwood with a formica top between the toes of the press (under the plate) so I don't damage anything while I press the transmission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom