Anyone own, use and like one of these?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

Thank you Mike. I ordered it yesterday from Hartville Tool. My woodworkers club get 15% off - that was the only excuse I needed :). Have a great one and thanks for your reply.

KenV

Tony, do not have the spring powered one, but do use a hammer powered version from time to time. Have the spring powered nail sets and they work well.

Quality of steel in screws makes a big difference. Be sure to use inpact rated bits as many are brittle and break under impact. Real pain getting imbedded bits pieces out of an allen screw socket.

TonyL

Thanks Ken. I have had the same experience with "soft" heads. Thank you.

Terredax

Banned
I too have used the style that uses a hammer to strike the end.
I believe it's intended more for larger screws and bolts though, and this one appears to be for the smaller stuff.

Marmotjr

Thank you Mike. I ordered it yesterday from Hartville Tool. My woodworkers club get 15% off - that was the only excuse I needed :). Have a great one and thanks for your reply.

Wait a sec.... considering we have our chapter meetings in Hartville Tool, do we get 15% off?

TonyL

Wait a sec.... considering we have our chapter meetings in Hartville Tool, do
we get 15% off?

I do not know. I inquired directly with Hartville about 2 years ago, and then put our Gwinnett Woodworkers Association (GWA) president in touch with the right guy. I was shocked to learned that they accepted what I proposed: 15% and free shipping - we usually we get 10% discount from Peachtree, Rockler, etc. The GWA does charge $50 annually, but I get that back within 3 or 4 months, plus all off the excellent advice and fellowship. I just call or order from Hartville and provide my name in the comments or shipping instructions. The GWA send HV the list of paid members and my charge is net of the 15%. I do note that their prices seem be include $7 to $10 more I assume to cover shipping, but whatever :). I get the goods in 2 or 3 days.

Asking is free :)

Top Bottom