Any opinions on the Laguna 2HP cuclone?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

brownsfn2

After being disappointed with the noise on the 2hp PSI DC I decided to see if I can sell it (at a loss) on Craigs list and get a different one.

I went to a local woodworking store called Woodwerks and they had a 2HP laguna cyclone. He turned it on for me and it is much quieter than the PSI DC. I had no idea a cyclone would be less noise than a single stage canister. I have seen some positive review and a lengthy review on You tube. Nothing too recent though.

Does anyone here own one or have an opinion?

(I was going to get their 1.5HP model but this 2HP model is only $200 more so it seemed worth it.)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pensbydesign

1.5 hp is going to be discontinued soon slow sales being close in price of the 2 hp. used one (2hp)in the classroom for a year or so now great tool, easy to clean and change bags, no leaks.

brownsfn2

How many drops have you run from it? Did you use 6" pipe? Longest run? Would love to know if you have the time. thanks!

brownsfn2

Great to hear. After my experience with PSI I am gun shy on doing mail order DC again. The laguna 2HP is sold local so they will take returns if needed.

Do you have any idea how loud it is compared to a single stage DC? Are they accurate about their stated noise levels?

thewishman

Ron, next weekend is Woodwerks big sale. They hold their own sale rather than showing at the woodworking show at the fairgrounds. You might want to ask if there will be a sale price and if you can get it now, rather than waiting.

brownsfn2

Thanks Chris. That sale is 24-26 so I am hoping to go this Saturday to purchase it. It is 10% off the regular price. After tax it is about $75 cheaper than buying online. They also have a sale on their ducts (15% off). I am not sure if I will go with the expensive duct option or not. I think the 26ga snaplock hvac pipe from the Depot might be cheaper.

Top Bottom