Another lathe question

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

alamocdc

I've been seriously considering a second lathe and after the recent evaluation by Workbench mag I had about decided that the Jet Mini was my lathe of choice (VS that is). However, while browsing and searching for prices, I discoverd the Jet JWL-1236 on Amazon for $100 more and free shipping as well. Are any of you folks using one of these and if so, how do you like it?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
I've had this model for almost 2 years now. Aside from a motor problem when I first got it, it has worked well. The problem was taken care of quickly by sending me a new motor.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
The 1236 was the first lathe I bought (I also have a mini) and I use just about every day... it has definately stood the test of time..... solid and smooth... you will not be disappointed if you are looking for a second full size lathe

Dario

I have and use that lathe and for the price I paid...can't complain.

Honestly, I am looking at Jet Mini VS myself...err...my wife [;)][:D][}:)]

dubdrvrkev

Jet is a solid product, hard to go wrong. My preference was not to buy anything with a reeves variable speed though. So we all know what I went and did [}:)][:D]

I really like the Jet mini and will keep it even after the new hardware arrives. No VS on mine but thats okay to me on that little machine. If I was looking at a mini now I would have to consider the Rikon. 12" swing and indexing out of the box, it would be tempting.

mrcook4570

A few months ago, I was in the same boat - looking for a second lathe. I already had a jet mini (non vs) and was looking for another and found the 1236 on amazon as well. I was all set to buy it, but I wanted to see it in person first. So I made the drive to WC only to find out that they didn't have one in stock. However, I did find the Jet 1442 with legs (mis)marked at $599. So, needless to say, I quit complaining about them not having the 1236 in stock[:D]

rtjw

Originally posted by dubdrvrkev
<br />Jet is a solid product, hard to go wrong. My preference was not to buy anything with a reeves variable speed though. So we all know what I went and did [}:)][:D]

I really like the Jet mini and will keep it even after the new hardware arrives. No VS on mine but thats okay to me on that little machine. If I was looking at a mini now I would have to consider the Rikon. 12" swing and indexing out of the box, it would be tempting.

I'd talk to eagle about the rikon. He just got one the other day. I dont know if it was the 12 inch but he did say that he had a little problem with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom