Air Filtration Units

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

zig613

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dogcatcher

I have a Rikon at home, in my other shop I have a homemade system, using AC/heat filters on a box fan. I honestly cannot tell the difference in the efficiency between the 2, except the box fan was a discard, and the filters were the most expense, about $40.

A different air cleaner...

Found out about this on Scrollsaw Workskhop back in December.

Ordered it off of Amazon, prices go up and down. They also have prices on multiple units. While smaller than other units, I have a 3 room shop. For now one unit cart mounted where a lot of fine dust is generated.

So far the unit is just great. I built a little wall mounted holder for the remote.

https://www.amazon.com/WEN-3410-3-Speed-Remote-Controlled-Filtration/dp/B00LPD9BDI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1518180202&sr=8-1&keywords=wen+3410+3-speed+remote-controlled

zig613

I just got the Wen 3speed air filter and it is working fine so far. 1 week in.

Jason

https://www.amazon.com/WEN-3410-3-Speed-Remote-Controlled-Filtration/dp/B00LPD9BDI

Thanks Jason & Charles,

I looked at the Wen but at 400 cfm it was going to be too small for the size of my workshop. The smaller model is sold on the Canadian version of Amazon and there appears to no distributors in Canada. Also, I am looking for a unit that is about 1000 cfm or more in size.

Wade

Last edited:

Fish30114

I have the Jet unit, and it does pull some dust out of the air and traps a bit in the filters--a good bit--BUT.....out of the exhale side of it there is still a ton of dust in the output air--I strongly believe this is the case with all these type of filters--SO...if you're really wanting to effect the air quality in your shop, you at a minimum need to have a window or open door for the outflow of air from this type of unit to go out...I have several friends in the HVAC business, and one of them is a woodworker, and he and the others say the way they would or do, skin this cat is to put in one or more squirrel cage type blower motors with a vent directly flowing outside, and filter or multiple filters over them inside the shop. I am currently building an extension to my shop, and this is the approach I am going to take. I think if you look around you could find economical squirrel cage blowers, and accommodate them to your needs.

Good Luck whichever way you choose to go--

Oh and PS--my Jet totally dirties up the filters-both interior filter and outer filter in about 2 weeks, and I am only dust generating in my shop about 6-8 hours a week.

TonyL

My experience is the same as Don's. I also have dedicated dust collectors on my lathes (and positive pressure fans moving dust to the mouth of the DC collection hoods) . I only turn about 2 hours a week and therefore don't need to change/clean filters as frequently.
Much success with your decision.

Top Bottom