Abranet Storage/Sandpaper storage

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

suefox51

What do you store your abranet sheets in? Right now I've kind of got them all over the place and am trying to get more organized!
Anyone have any plans for a storage unit (small), or something they've purchased and find it works???
Thanks in advance,

Sue:biggrin:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dave Turner

I faced this problem recently. I use regular No. 10 envelopes, one envelope for each Abranet grit, labeled on the outside. I keep these in a plastic storage container together with my other sandpaper full sheets (which I keep in their original cardboard wraps. I try to keep these in order by grit, so it's easy to find any particular grit. Works great for me. I also have larger bulk boxes of full sandpaper sheets which I just keep on the same shelf.

Woodster Will

I store mine in a plastic box. The box has divisions that just happened to be about the right size for each sheet. I can post a picture if you like.

Woodchipper

My sandpaper sheets are stored in a milk carton with labeled hanging files. Corner sander sheets are kept in their original packaging and kept in a plastic tub.

Rounder

I store mine in a plastic box with adjustable dividers in it. I think I got it at Hobby Lobby. I cut my Abranet into 3/4" x 2" strips and store by size in the box. I also write the grit on the back of each piece with a sharpie so there is no doubt as to what grit I am using if it doesn't make it back into the box as it should.

Woodster Will

Attachments

• IMG_0778.jpg
    IMG_0778.jpg
    360.1 KB · Views: 176

TonyL

I buy the large rolls, but cut them into 1" x 4" strips (approximately). I cut about 10 strips at a time, punch a small hole in each, and hang them from a brass cup holder screwed into the edge of a shelf. The shelf which is used to store other "goodies" on top of it is hung about eye-level above and behind my lathe. Brads, small nails, whatever can be used. I have the strips arranged by grit number from 240 up to 2,000. I do the same for any AO SP strips. I like having them right in front of me and within EZ reach. This was not my idea, but Ben Kelley's; I just "stole" it.

Last edited:

nava1uni

I keep my sand paper in the medium plastic bags that pen kit and other things come in. Each one has a hole punched into it and they are labeled by grit and hung on the rolling lathe tool box next to my lathe.

Top Bottom