2MT accessory storage

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fish30114

I'm a habitual buyer of accessories, for example I have 5 pen mandrels--they mostly stay laying around til they're needed, I keep certain frequently used bushings on each of them--I also have a number of 2MT drivers of various types, and various centers with the 2MT for going into my tailstock.
So my question is, what do you folks do for your 2MT accessory storage--I would like to know what racks you guys use-I made a couple out of lumber I had laying about, but would like something more professional than that.

Any advice/input is welcome.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

eharri446

I have a couple of roll around tool boxes with toolboxes setting on top of them that I am going to store my tools in.

I have tools for a wood lathe, metal lathe, small CNC machine and a K40 40watt laser. Currently they are scattered all over the shop so my task is get them all gathered up and organized by machine with the drawers for each labeled accordingly.

I have started to buy a pair of reamers for creating MT2 holes, but never completed the purchase. When I do, I have some HDPE which is 12 x 12 x 1.5 that I am going to rip into 1.5 x 1.5 x 12 inch strips, then I am going to drill and ream out the holes to hold my MT2 taper accessories. Except for the most commonly used items.

edstreet

05d2629fac2d19be382cffcf542c078e.jpg

Peg board.

Marmotjr

If you're up to putting in a french cleat system, you can build a rack and swap them out as you see fit. When I rebuild my lathe station, it will have a FC tool rack, MT2 rack, and a Chuck and Jaws rack.

Top Bottom