17" Pro drill Press $180!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Craftsman Professional 17 in. Drill Press

normally, $529.99, $350 off selling at $179.99.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00922901000P

No, I don't work for Sears, but had to share a *screaming* deal.

20071012151047_00922901000.jpg

jeffj13

I was just going to post this as well. I don't own one, so I can't vouch for the quality, but at that price, if I needed one I would buy it.

jeff

Brewmeister35

That is an awesome drill press. I have the Craftsman 15" and I love it. I would highly recommend this to anyone. The 17 is the same as mine but well cheaper [xx(]

hughbie

i just called my sears here in springfield mo. the clerk told me that it's on sale for $449 and that the online price must be a mistake and to buy it before they change it. dayum i wish i had $200

les-smith

I called my store and they told me $449.00 and to order it online. So, I ordered it. Let's hope it gows through. I chose to pick it up and the store has one so maybe by the end of the day when I'm drilling I won't have to stop and move the blank up to finish drilling all the way through. A full 4-7/8 in. of quill stroke, that's what I'm talking about.

Thanks for the heads up geekasaurus_rex.

Woodlvr

Hugh you are such a Braggart![:D][}:)][:D] I hope that you enjoy it. I have used the 15" one and it is good quality. Maybe I should buy one to resell it if the price is a mistake, could make me some money[}:)][:p][}:)] and save someone else some money.[8D] Good deal for both of us.

Mike

hughbie

thank you wood! i'm sure i will. just like les, i too have been drilling each blank twice.....when you only have a table top drill press with a travel of almost 2 inches....that's all i could do and just like les......i got me one....
my store didn't have any so i have to have it shipped in for $60 but i still come out ahead!

cowchaser

Sears reserves the right to correct any error, inaccuracy or omission or to change or update the Content without prior notice to you. Further, Sears reserves the right to refuse or cancel any orders containing any error, inaccuracy or omission, whether or not the order has been submitted, confirmed and/or your credit card has been charged. If your credit card has been charged for the purchase and your order is canceled, Sears shall promptly issue a credit to your credit card. If you are otherwise unsatisfied with your purchase, you may return it to Sears. Please see our Return/Cancellation Policy.

I sure hope this works out for you all. If it doesn't then sorry about that also.

ElMostro

Three stores in my area, none have it available for pick-up...uuuggg. With shipping it goes up to about $250.00 so no can do [:(]

IPD_Mrs

Thanks Guys! Linda ordered one online this afternoon and we will pick it up tonight. This will replace the old Cal Hawk import that has a little run out. I wanted to hold out and save for a Powermatic, but for the savings on this I will save up for the Powermatic 14" band saw now and be happy with this.[:)]

THarvey

Originally posted by ElMostro
<br />Three stores in my area, none have it available for pick-up...uuuggg. With shipping it goes up to about $250.00 so no can do [:(]

<b>Shipping is supposed to be free for tool purchases over $49 during Sear's Days (10/10/07 - 10/20/07). Just quoting their website.</b>

THarvey

Originally posted by THarvey
<br />
<br />Three stores in my area, none have it available for pick-up...uuuggg. With shipping it goes up to about $250.00 so no can do [:(]

<b>Shipping is supposed to be free for tool purchases over $49 during Sear's Days (10/10/07 - 10/20/07). Just quoting their website.</b>

I just read it again. The shipping is free. The <b>DELIVERY</b> is $65.

ElMostro

Originally posted by THarvey
<br />

Yes, but only if item is under 150 pnds [:(][:(]

LanceD

I just went and picked one up. They had a sign on it for 179.99 but when the clerk rang up the stock no. It came out to 479.00 on sale. She said it was a mistake and they took the sign down but gave it to me at the sale price. When I checked out I also had a 20% off coupon for any purchase over 100.00 dollars. I got the drill press for 143.00 plus tax. I felt like rolling over and going to sleep after that deal [:D] [}:)].

cowchaser

Looks like it is going to work out great for some of you. Congrats on your new purchases. To bad my local sears is only a small hometown one and don't carry much. I'll check the link again in the morning and if it's still on I'll go to a larger one about an hour away.

Can't beat a new tool at a great price [8D]

hughbie

i just checked, and the page isn't available anymore at sears.com. but i also checked and my order isn't cancelled ....... yet.
i just wish the sears here in town had some.......i would have it in my shop right now!

les-smith

Yeah, somethings up. If you use the link in the first posting it's like evrything is all there (you can get to the item). But, when you go to sears.com and put in the item # or look at the drill presses you can't find the item.

les-smith

Yep, your right Hugh. Well, they haven't cancelled the order yet. So maybe they will honor the price.

IPD_Mrs

As I had posted earlier, my wonderful loving wife ordered this online at lunch time. (Yes I am a spousal suckup) The email comfirmation never came through. When we got home from work I got on the phone and called, getting conviently diconnected twice after 30 minutes of calls. Well we hopped in the car and drove to Sears. We sat at pick up for 15-20 minutes before a manager popped his head out of the little window to explain that they never received the order and that we had not been charged for the item. No problem just bill the credit card and started to hand over the card. He explained that it had to be done in tools that they do not do charges at the pick up window. So off to tools we went with out order printout from online and we asked the young man to please ring up our order, explaining why he had to ring it up. Well he rang it up at the $479.95 price. We corrected him showing him the online printout from our order. He had to call the store manager over for an over ride on the price. The manager looked at the paperwork and never said a word, took out his card and scanned in the over ride. Off to pickup window and in 10 minutes out comes the same manager rolling the dolly. He was so nice I even helped load it. Linda stayed back to receive a $5.00 coupon for all of our troubles.

Look for our prize in an upcoming tool gloat later tonight after it is set up. It may not be mustard but for $179 it can be purple! That lazer sure will be nice to line up for drilling center on the blanks!

Thanks a bundle for posting this geekasaurus_rex.

PS Does anyone need a Import Cal Hawk drill press cheap?[:D]

THarvey

Ordered mine and went to my local store to pick it up.

They told me if I wanted one it would be $479.99. Sears posted a wrong price on the internet.

Sears said they will be cancelling all order at $179.99. They cancelled mine and made my local store deliver the news.

Good luck. I am glad some of you were able to get your's at the stores.

Tim

hughbie

well, so far my order hasn't been cancelled yet. i'm envious of those that could pick theirs up.....enjoy while i sit and wait for either the drill press or the bad news

IPD_Mrs

Here is an email Linda just got from Sears:
We are sorry for those of you who were unbale to capitalize on this deal.....

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your order with sears.com.

Unfortunately, your order for the 17 in. Drill Press (Item # 00922901000) with sears.com has been cancelled due to an error with the advertised sale price. The cancellation of your order is in accordance with our liability restrictions listed within our terms and conditions on our site. Your account as been credited in the amount of $179.99. The correct sale price for this item is $479.99. If you still wish to purchase this item for the correct sales price, please contact us directly at 1-800-349-4358 for personal assistance in placing a new order. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Sears Customer Care
order@customerservice.sears.com
1-800-349-4358

hughbie

well, i finally got the same email. in it they said that my account will be credited with 179.99. i emailed them and told them i didn't charge this on my sears account and they will credit my charge card with the entire amount charged....we'll see what happens.........

les-smith

I got two e-mails. One last night saying it was canceled and one this morning saying it's ready for pickup. Boy, when they mess up they mess up. I'm taking the confirmation to the store and we'll see if they give it to me.

DavePowers

I received the same email as MLK. I went in the store today and they had a sales tag up with the $179 price so I carried it up to the counter and handed it to the sales person. She looked at it rang it up and said that was a great deal and called a coworker over. He looked at it read it out loud and said that it had to be a mistake and should have been $50 off but if they had one in stock I just got a great deal. They had 2, I paid for it and the clerk said go to pickup as fast as I could. I asked If they looked at the sales tags as they set them out and if it looked out of line why would someone not say something or question it. They both shrugged and I ran to pickup.

IPD_Mrs

Originally posted by les-smith
<br />I got two e-mails. One last night saying it was canceled and one this morning saying it's ready for pickup. Boy, when they mess up they mess up. I'm taking the confirmation to the store and we'll see if they give it to me.

Well talk about screw ups....Les I hope you get it even more so I hope we get the second one. We got the same email this morning and are on our way to pick up a second one, we hope. [:p][}:)][:p]

We will let you know how it turns out.....

Mike & Linda

les-smith

Well it's a no go at our store. Long story short, they ended up calling the .com people, they said it was canceled. The .com people said the story could give me the drill press for the discounted price if they wanted. The store said they wouldn't give it to me for the discounted price. They said they would give me a $20.00 gift card and unfortunatly that is what I had when I left the store. DANG![:(]

IPD_Mrs

Sorry to hear that Les. It was a no go on #2 at ours as well. Seems the .com folks had sent out a notice telling all that there had been an error on the internet and they weren't approving any more releases of the item. Additionally, our store was "out" of them by time we rolled in this afternoon. I sort of think we would have gotten it if we had been there this morning and they had one left. Our store did not make any offer of a gift card - but they did adjust my credit card and take the SECOND charge off. The assistant manager or floor manager that we dealt with today thought someone MUST have hacked in and messed with .com (of course that doesn't explain the faulty signing now does it) [B)]

Mike & Linda

karlkuehn

Banned
I've been following this thread with interest, and I've got to say - WHAT A CROCK!

I'm so sick of corporate America being able to get away with false advertising by shystering some 'disclaimer' across that states that they reserve the right to break the law (literally, that's what they're doing by not honoring their advertised price).

As a web/application developer, I've worked for a lot of big companies that market things on the Internet, and have had to sit through business meetings that discuss issues just like this, and it makes me sick how they throw some nicey-nice BS in front of a concept that is underhanded and morally corrupt. I've heard things that would make your skin crawl. Marketing people, and those that direct them to ride that line between honesty and greed are just plain crappy, dishonest (I'd really like to use a stronger word, but you get the idea) jerks.

When you shop at a big company like Sears that has high prices to begin with, you expect to at least be able to rely on the premise that there's no incompetence in something so important as the final draft of the catalog of goods that they sell, but like most of the other companies in the world, business decisions are made by the few at the top that have no qualms about screwing people to continue inflating their pocketbooks by hiring (at a reduced salary, of course) the kind of morons who would allow this type of mistake to "fall through the cracks".

I put quotes around that phrase because to me it seems that at $179 instead of $379, that's a big-assed crack, you know? Anyone working at a company as big as Sears who lets anything fall through a crack like that at final editing of a catalog has made a mistake worthy of immediate termination, but since they're saving a buck at all levels, they can't very well fire the 23 year old 'vice president in charge of yada-yada' (who, incidentally, after 'downsizing' replaced someone competent who was let go because they 'cost' too much to keep on the payroll), when it was the pocket stuffers who hired the inept knucklehead in the first place.

In days not so long past, a company like Sears would've honored the price for all those people (like you all) who were cagey enough to see the mistake and capitalize on it, and then afterwards heads would've rolled in the catalog department for such a colossal snafu.

Unfortunately, someone decided to hell with scruples and ethics, let's come up with some sneaky disclaimer that keeps us safe from our own stupidity, and save a buck on hiring someone who graduated 115 out of 130 in their MBA or marketing class to make some more money. [:(!]

Sorry for the un-registered rant. I sorta lost it there! Holy crap, I think I just boycotted Sears. Buncha jerks. heh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom