1632 Drum sander electrics problem

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KBs Pensnmore

Wondering if anyone has a 1632 generic drum sander, that has given problems with the electrics?
I bought a second hand drum sander off a member on here with the gears stripped. I replaced the gears and reassembled it. Now neither of the motors will work, asking here for help, as I can't find any other information on the web.
I can't even find a supplier of any electrical components down under for this machine!!!!
Thanks from Down Under,
Kryn

jttheclockman

I have a Performax 16/32 drum sander. There is not really much to the electric end. Always start with the basic and simple stuff. First did the sander run before you took it apart?? Does the motors nameplate allow you to use it on your electrical system. I do not know what yours is. 220, 50 cycle or something different. Is there power at the outlet you are plugging into and you have confirmed it is correct??? There is usually a thermal switch either on the motor or at the box and it maybe tripped. Push it in and it should reset.

If you have all the above correct, then you need to break out a continuity tester and or a voltage tester. If you are not comfortable working with electricity you may want to take to a repair shop. First with power off and unplugged you need to see if the chord is good and no broken wires. Test each wire from cap to where they splice in the box. If good then disconnect both motors and wire one motor at a time starting with the larger one to the chord and see if it operates. If it does then try the smaller one and go from there.

If you did all this and still nothing report back here with your findings and we can try something else. Good luck.

Top Bottom