1500mw Laser Engraver?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
Does anyone have the 1500mw engravers being listed between $90+ - $120?

Does the 1500mw offer much of an advantage over the 1000mw?

I am almost to the point of ordering a laser engraver but I saw the 1500mw and wondered if I should go that route.

Your input appreciated.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

walshjp17

I bought one quite frankly because my 1000mw crapped out on me (after a few months it rebooted my laptop everytime I plugged it in). The 1500mw NEJE I bought has BlueTooth capability and I can control it from my iPhone. Works a treat.

chartle

I have the 1000 and the advantage of the 1500 is that since it has higher power it will burn faster. A full size burn can take over 15 minutes.

Also the burn area is larger.

TonyL

It appears that one needs to be able to find replacement laser head/diodes or these given their tendency to burn out. I guess it is just as easy to find a replacement 1500w diode/head.

chartle

It appears that one needs to be able to find replacement laser head/diodes or these given their tendency to burn out. I guess it is just as easy to find a replacement 1500w diode/head.

Yes a 1000mw is about $20.

PMBROTH.NY

I do and created a mandrel rotary jig for it

Hello,

I have it and love it.

I have created a rotary jig for it, free. If you have a 3dprinter you can print it out, or you can make it out of wood

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2390828

It works great. You can purchase replaceable laser components for about $25 delivered on ebay, I got one and I ended up getting another laser engraver as a backup.

Regards,

Brian :)

Last edited:

TonyL

Yes a 1000mw is about $20.

Thank you Cliff. I bought the $20 diode to replace the one of my failed NEJE; I also bought another 1 watt unit. I will see if there is a 1.5 watt replacement diode available. Thanks!

leehljp

Member Liaison
Thanks fellows for the information. I am chomping at the bits to get one but I have two weeks of in and out travel ahead of me. I don't want the laser engraver left outside my house overnight! So I will have to wait until after July 4 to order.

The 1500W looks good, and so does the mandrel jig. I saw a jig a few months ago and have already been figuring in my brain the construction. But I have to wait until I get it to actually make one.

Last edited:

jcm71

I bought one quite frankly because my 1000mw crapped out on me (after a few months it rebooted my laptop everytime I plugged it in). The 1500mw NEJE I bought has BlueTooth capability and I can control it from my iPhone. Works a treat.

John,
What APPs do you have on your Iphone to get the NEJE to engrave what you want?

PMBROTH.NY

I have created a jig using Bob Paces model, and created it for 3d printers. Very easy to make out of wood. Check out the rotary jig thread, and look for my posting at the end.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2390828

Brian,

What size rubber band do you use on your jig? Thanks.

John

I think it was a 3 inch, I do not make it tight, just enough pressure to act as the belt. I will measure tonight when I get home from work

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

jcm71

John,
Are you using the NEJE App to run the 1500 from your iphone? When I use the app and select a photo, and then hit the Effect button, a vertical line appears on the right of the screen, which cannot be edited out using the NEJE App. Once you send that pic to the laser, of course the line is then burned it along with your picture. Do you have the same problem? It does this to me on both my Ipad and Iphone.

chartle

John,
Are you using the NEJE App to run the 1500 from your iphone? When I use the app and select a photo, and then hit the Effect button, a vertical line appears on the right of the screen, which cannot be edited out using the NEJE App. Once you send that pic to the laser, of course the line is then burned it along with your picture. Do you have the same problem? It does this to me on both my Ipad and Iphone.

You might try different file formats like PNG. Sometimes makes a difference on my 1000 neje

Top Bottom