1000MW Laser Engraver Troubles with New Desktop

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

After dozens of trouble-free engraving using my laptop (Dell W10, i5, 8 ram), my new Dell desktop, (W10, i7, 16 ram) doesn't consistently connect/find my engraver. Tried different drivers, engraving software, resetting, rebooting, reinstalling, etc. Works once after reinstall sometimes, then stops. Anyone have a solution? Read many of the blogs, but no help. It finds the right comm port, but no dice.

Thank you!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

Thank you. First think i do when downloading driver and app - but not while engraving. I will try it. can't hurt if i am not connected to the internet. Never had to do that before, but worth a try. thx!

TonyL

Thank you. Tried all 7 including the one that worked every once in a while (I marked it), several times, then refreshed, rebooted, shut down, etc.. I even connected the power USB to an independent electrical outlet, threw salt over my shoulder :) Thank you though.

TonyL

Thank you Bob. I replaced the twice - once with the cables from my first engraver, then my friend brought his cables over from his engraver. I could try a third set. Thanks again

sbwertz

I have a similar problem with Win 10. I don't reinstall the software, but I've found the only way to really get it to work is to reboot the system. Don't know if it is only Win 10, but didn't have the problem with my old XP laptop I used to use it on.

Last edited:

TonyL

Thank you tried Sharon and your suggestions several times. It will work on a reboot, but not regularly. Thank you.

Top Bottom