IT"S HERE!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

cowchaser

My Jet VS, mandrels and pen mills have arrived. Still can't turn any pens since I am waiting on my chisels and everything else. Still don't have any blanks, couldn't drill any holes if I did. No pen kits either. Guess I'll just work on cleaning out the garage on my 3 days off. It's like a roller coaster. I was up then reality set in and knocked me back down.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hughbie

dustin, we all know your pain!!!!! there's nothing worse than getting some of your new stuff and still not being able to turn pens.......you can't even get some scrap wood to practice on..no chisels.....mygawd man.......i don't see how your maintaining your sanity!

cowchaser

OHHHH! This is getting ugly. Now Fedex just left from bringing my grinder and wolverine jig. Will the insanity ever end.

On a side note, it's kind of like Christmas and it's ALL for me. [:D]

hughbie

now everytime you hear a truck outside your door, for any reason, you're gonna go nutz....heart rate increases, blood pressure ups and downs, sweaty palms, oh the humanity of it all!!!!!!!!
dude, you need a valium.........i'm loving this! LOL

richstick1

You are so done for. Kiss all your disposable income goodbye. Next thing you'll be pricing bandsaws, looking to upgrade your chainsaw, and driving into the ditch while scanning the treeline for burls :)

stevers

I went through the same thing. Got the lathe but had no kits. Drove to Vegas and couldn't find any kits. Was a week before I could turn a pen. Meanwhile, I turned scrap wood between centers to get the feel for the craft. Oh, and did I mention that I was using woodworking chisel to do this?

cowchaser

Originally posted by Richstick
<br />You are so done for. Kiss all your disposable income goodbye. Next thing you'll be pricing bandsaws, looking to upgrade your chainsaw, and driving into the ditch while scanning the treeline for burls :)

LoL, I already started pricing them. Trying to get a drill press first. Already ordered my Paul Huffman vise. Still can't do jack without my tools. Guess Harbor Freight isn't real quick about shipping. Oh and I did get my live center in the USPS today, also received email from Amazon that my stand has shipped.

rhahnfl

I too know your pain. Started buying my stuff right after Christmas when Amazon was doing free shipping and had great prices. Took about six months to accumulate the goodies and then I started turning. Guess what... you just want more and more...[:D][:D][:D] Santa is coming in a few months and I have the wife trained to go with me to Woodcraft... could be a good end to this year...[:D][:D][:D] It will be a great day indeed for you when your PH drill vise arrives.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
It's just like when you were still very young at Christmas time.
'Santa' brought just what you wanted, but forgot the batteries.
Then you had to wait for days for the shop to open[:(]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom