"Cozy" shop and slight gloat mixed in.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

dubdrvrkev

Well I managed to get all this in a 16'x9' slot in my garage. Inventory of things that take up real estate are: TS, BS, DP, DC, Router table, Lathe stand, 2'x2'x3' turning supply cart, 8'x2' workbench, 2'x2'x6' tool/wood storage, 18"x18" stock cart, and right now I have my CMS set-up on saw horses. On the step in the shop I have a fridge, toolbox, and compressor. Lathe and supplies are behind that ply leaning on the BS, that is my chip wall.

20059100460_shop_1.jpg

My gloat is my new DP. This is the one that they reduced the price on at Lowes. I decided on it over the benchtop w/oscillating sander feature (Shop Fox). It looks like the runout (or lack of) is good and everything seems good so-far.

200591005530_DP_1.jpg

Oops somehow I got this in the wrong forum. Mod feel free to move it over to shops,jigs....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodbutcher68

I picked up an HF 16 speed DP last week. It was originally $199.99 on sale for $159.99. HF had a 20% off e-mail coupon including sale items which brought the price to $126.00. I asked if I would get the 10% "Good Neighbor" discount our club gets on it too and the guy said "sure". He offered me the extended warranty for $11.00 for one year. He said he'd lower the price to $119.00 if I took it. By the time he got done ringing it up, I paid $126.00 including 6% sales tax! If I had kept talking, I might have gotten him to pay me to take it. It's been drilling straight holes so far!

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=38144

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Kevin, whatever forum it is in that's a nice shop. I got the same drill press at Lowe's and absolutely love it. The Hitachi is so much (to me) better than any other drill press I looked at in my price range.

dubdrvrkev

Ron, Yeah I use it pretty often. Mostly for rounding bowl blanks and knocking the corners off spindles and of course cutting pen blanks. My pen sled is sitting on it in the pic with some blanks that will be turned this weekend.
I really couldn't imagine going back to not having one, definately worth every penny.

hobby_dale

Kevin, now I see why the Grizzly site layout tool helped! Looks like a great use of space and also easy enough to move around as you seem to have a tool island in the center. Very cool...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom