Favorite Pen Kit Pairing with M3 Titanium Mokume Pen Rods - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > IAP Marketplace > Vendor Forums > M3 Composite Innovations
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M3 Composite Innovations M3 Titanium Mokume Pen Rods

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2015, 06:10 PM   #1 (permalink)

Photos: 0

Default Favorite Pen Kit Pairing with M3 Titanium Mokume Pen Rods

Recently I was asked by a forum member what high end pen kits did I think paired best with the new M3 Titanium Mokume. I thought that my answer might make a good thread for everyone to voice their opinion on what kits they think work best. I should start by saying that I am all about sales, so to me what works best is what sells best. I also think that it goes without saying that a truly original kit-less pen is in a class by itself.

I think that any high end kit will work well with an M3 blank. At PSI I really like the Majestic Line, but anything in that price range should work including the themed kits like the Skull and Steam Punk. If you pair a $25 pen rod with a $25 or better kit your finished product will be of the quality required to sell it for $150 and up (craftsmanship pending).

My personal favorite for the new M3 Titanium Pen Rods is the Magnetic Graduate from PSI. This is a mid priced kit, but very high-tech and the quality is great. It shows off a lot of the rod in both the cap and body and should be a seller at $85-$150.

I am also a fan of the various Drawing and Sketch pencil kits including the chalk holders. You would be surprised how many people draw, need to mark-up or right with chalk as part of their work lives. Because these kits also show off a larger amount of the blank, the M3 Mokume draws the attention to these writing instruments. These make great gifts for so many people and should sell in the $75 to $100 range.

Whats your favorite? Feel free to include a photo of the pen or kit in question or perhaps a link to it if it is in your gallery or already posted on the forum.

M3 Composite Innovations
http://www.MetalPenBlanks.com
www.M3ci.com
(888) 478-6745
info@MetalPenBlanks.com
MHKogan is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 06-12-2015, 11:26 AM   #2 (permalink)

Photos: 148

I like the white and black colored one with almost anything Chrome. I like the Magnetic vertex because I can get two pens out of it and it really brings out the industrial feel of the vertex.

Really though any chrome pen would look good with it. I think the graduate is a cool kit as well.
brownsfn2 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 06-12-2015, 01:12 PM   #3 (permalink)

Where are the new rods pictured and sold? I'm not sure I've seen the "new titanium" blank.
Docholiday is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Advertisement
Old 06-12-2015, 04:39 PM   #4 (permalink)

Photos: 5

Funny...I was just admiring the Graduate. Too bad, I am unaware of a CSUSA "answer" to the PSI Graduate. Thanks for sharing your opinion.

Peace,

Tony
TonyL is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 10-09-2015, 08:13 AM   #5 (permalink)

Photos: 1

Jr Statesmen

Do not wait; the time will never be "just right". Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along. Napoleon Hill
avbill is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 10-09-2015, 10:32 AM   #6 (permalink)

Vertex Click has been selling very well and the M3 blanks just make it better!
Swagopenturner is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 02-12-2017, 10:40 AM   #7 (permalink)

Just used a Jr. Abraham in chrome and black ti. Turned out stellar with the M3 Damascus.
CatewDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads