WINNERS: New Contest Contest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
The official winners of the IAP New Contest Contest are:

The Membership of the IAP.

I really didn't think the response to this contest would be as enthusiastic as it was. Thank you to all who participated and voted. Because of you the IAP now has a nice long list of excellent ideas for future events! Thank you!

There was a tie for First Place. Obviously the IAP membership wants to see more emphasis placed on the packaging, display and presentation of the pens they create.

At 1st place, with 15 votes each:

firewhatfire's entry "Pen Stand Competition"

AND

THarvey's entry "Pen Display/Presentation Box Contests".

The prize for 1st place is a $50.00 Gift Certificate from ElMostro

We normally would have had to have a tie-breaker poll to get a clear, 1st place winner. Not necessary now due to the generosity of another IAP supporter, Eric (Sylvanite) Rasmussen. Eric noticed the tie and contacted me. He won a $50 Gift Certificate from ElMostro in another Contest. Eric stressed that he is grateful and appreciates ElMostro's donation but Eric casts his own blanks and does not normally obtain these types of blanks from others. Eric is passing his winning forward so that both firewhatfire and THarvey will receive a $50 Gift Certificate from ElMostro!

At 2nd Place, with 8 votes, winning a Gift Certificate from R & B Crafts valued at $25:

Gregf - Beads of Courage lidded bowl and box contest.

At 3rd Place, with 7 votes, winning a 1# package of Alumilite valued at $20.00!

rholiday - BOSS -- Box of Sundry Stuff Contest!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Congratulations to the winners! This was an excellent idea Mike - a lot of new ideas were brought forward.

And (obviously)... I am particularly pleased at the interest in the Beads of Courage contest! Great Idea Gregf!

THarvey

A lot of great ideas. I hope to see a few of these.

Congratulations to the winners.

Phil, I'm honored to share the podium with you.

Eric, Thank you for forwarding your prize.

Thank you, everyone who voted. Thank you El Mostro and all the sponsors for making this possible.

Thank you to everyone who help make this Bash a success. And especially, THANK YOU to Jeff for hosting this great community.

toddlajoie

All the winning entries are fantastic ideas, and every idea is a winner in my mind!!! Congrats to all but in the end, I think next year's Bash is the real winner here!!!

jttheclockman

Fantastic. These are the 2 that I hope do get incorporated into the Bash ceremonies. These 2 suggestions to me push the membership even further to show off their talents and not just with spinning a pen. It takes it to the next level and to me is a huge part of what we do here. Not only do we make those special pens now and then but there needs to be a way to show them off to the extreme and these contests will do that. We all enjoy the eye candy of some very fine made pens this time of the year. But this would take it to another level of competition and most importantly share of ideas.

I hope these are in and I look forward to seeing what others will come up with. I will say this I am officially throwing my hat in the ring for both so bring your "A" game and come play. :biggrin:

Top Bottom