Puzzle #7

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Puzzle #7 is ready.

This is a word search puzzle - it should be an easy one because all the words are listed. All you have to do is find out where they are in the letter grid. Once you find them all, you will get a Completion Code.

When you get your completion code, fill out all the information in the Submission Form (especially the Completion Code) and submit the form before the deadline. You will earn one point for this puzzle toward the overall prize and you might win one of the individual prizes for this puzzle.

The deadline for this puzzle is 12:59 AM, Central Time on Saturday, February 28. Any entries received after that time will not be accepted.

Post any questions in this thread and I will do my best to answer them as soon as possible.

Don't forget to read the Puzzle Contest - Official Rules and make sure that your Public Profile contains your real first and last name!

Good luck everyone
Edgar
_________

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Yes, there is a library FAQ that lists the commonly used acronmys on IAP. I believe all that we used in this puzzle are listed there except SFRB, but I figured that everyone probably knows that one.

I didn't post a link to the FAQ because all the words are listed.

We thought about running this puzzle in two phases - 24 hours with no words listed, only the number of words you had to find. After 24 hours we would have listed the words for an additional 12 hours. If you had solved the puzzle in the first 24 hours, you would get 2 points but only 1 if you finished during the last 12 hours.

Since Puzzle #6 wound up being as challenging as it was, we decided to drop that plan and just post a simple puzzle to give your brains a chance to relax before we hit you with Puzzle #8. :)

We may try that tactic with a word search next year though :devil:

mmyshrall

Yes, there is a library FAQ that lists the commonly used acronmys on IAP. I believe all that we used in this puzzle are listed there except SFRB, but I figured that everyone probably knows that one.

I didn't post a link to the FAQ because all the words are listed.

We thought about running this puzzle in two phases - 24 hours with no words listed, only the number of words you had to find. After 24 hours we would have listed the words for an additional 12 hours. If you had solved the puzzle in the first 24 hours, you would get 2 points but only 1 if you finished during the last 12 hours.

Since Puzzle #6 wound up being as challenging as it was, we decided to drop that plan and just post a simple puzzle to give your brains a chance to relax before we hit you with Puzzle #8. :)

We may try that tactic with a word search next year though :devil:

Edgar,

Until this month, I had this image of you as being friendly, kind and compassionate... wow, have I let my character judgment skills deteriorate...:eek::biggrin:

I have to, however grudgingly, give you and Curtis kudos on your mental exercise deviousness. But, I feel like I have been asked to fit a 2 inch dowell into my 3/4 inch bench dog holes with some of your puzzles...:at-wits-end:

I bow before the puzzlemasters and declare that "I am not worthy..."

Last edited:

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Puzzle #7 is now closed.
Thanks for playing - results will be posted sometime on Sat.

Edgar

Krash

Last edited:

The Penguin

well...completely missed out on this puzzle.

:(

and there's still 38 minutes left until the dead line.

Go for it! You have time...

the puzzle closed earlier than the stated time

:confused:

It said it closed at 12:59 AM central which by my calculations is 2:59 AM on the post clock. Edgar posted the closure at 3:42 AM. Looks to me like he gave us an extra 43 minutes.
at 12:20 central time - I was not able to access the puzzle. I live in central time zone - so no confusion on my end. I sent a PM to Edgar and Curtis to see if they can figure it out.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
It said it closed at 12:59 AM central which by my calculations is 2:59 AM on the post clock. Edgar posted the closure at 3:42 AM. Looks to me like he gave us an extra 43 minutes.

Not sure how you calculated that! The official time on the bash server is CST. That is what is shown on the puzzle pages. If you mean the time on IAP, that depends on what you have your time zone set to in your profile.

Last edited:

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator

Not sure how you calculated that! The official time on the bash server is CST. That is what is shown on the puzzle pages. If you mean the time on IAP, that depends on what you have your time zone set to in your profile.

Kelly I just took at look at your user profile settings and you have your time zone set to EST here at IAP. So, that would be 1 hour different from CST.

Krash

It must be that ol' new math thingie! :biggrin:

Maybe that could be Edgar's next puzzle ..... figure out the time zone!

Top Bottom