Puzzle #6

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Puzzle #6 is ready.

It seems to us that all the puzzles up to now have been way too easy, so we have tried to make this one a little more challenging. After all, we want our prize winners to really feel like they earned their prize.

This is another jigsaw puzzle. You will see a clue for the Completion Code when you finish the puzzle.

Go find the Completion Code, then fill out all the information in the Submission Form (especially the Completion Code) and submit the form before the deadline. You will earn one point for this puzzle toward the overall prize and you might win one of the individual prizes for this puzzle.

The deadline for this puzzle is 10:59 PM, Central Time on Thursday, February 26. Any entries received after that time will not be accepted.

Post any questions in this thread and I will do my best to answer them as soon as possible.

Don't forget to read the Puzzle Contest - Official Rules and make sure that your Public Profile contains your real first and last name!

Good luck everyone
Edgar

darrin1200

:befuddled:AAAAAGGGGGHHHHH

What is the most frustrating, is I seem to remember the pen.
I have tried every search technique I can think of. Will stop for a bit before I break the keyboard:mad:

Twist-Ed

The type and colour (Canadian spelling) is more popular than I would have thought !
I was sure I found it a couple of times but ............................

And now I don't even know what I have searched already to try something different

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I keep putting Not Me and it says not correct? That's the correct answer though?:biggrin:

Will the form actually tell you if your answer is not correct? :rolleyes:

If so, that means my SWAG was on target. I got a Puzzle Completion email.

The puzzle completion message just confirms that your entry was received by the bash server. It does not validate your entries - I have to do that manually and you will not get a report on it one way or the other.

plantman

Ed; Thought the puzzle # 6 was a great idea, but I found that some pieces would move with a single click, some took 10-20 clicks before they would move, and some, even with the touch screen, would not budge at all. Maybe just me or my pc ????? Jim S

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
"It seems to us that all the puzzles up to now have been way too easy."

Edgar,

Who is this 'us' you speak of?
Just curious.

Bob

For a little background - Curtis Seebeck (Mesquiteman) is the Bash Server guru and he has been the puzzlemeister for previous BASH celebrations. However, now that his business (TurnTex) has become more successful, the demands on his time are much greater than ever before.

Curtis still manages the Bash Server and takes care of the backdoor work of loading puzzles onto the server and setting up the submission forms for them - each of which generally requires some custom javascript coding.

However, the most time consuming parts of running a puzzle contest are the tasks of generating the puzzles themselves, handling the puzzle threads and processing the entries. As a result, Curtis was only able to produce one puzzle for last year's BASH.

I offered to work with Curtis this year & handle the front end work while he handles the back end tasks on the bash server. As a result, we have been able to bring back a full Puzzle Contest this year. And we do collaborate on such things as type of puzzle, content, clues, etc. :)

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Ed; Thought the puzzle # 6 was a great idea, but I found that some pieces would move with a single click, some took 10-20 clicks before they would move, and some, even with the touch screen, would not budge at all. Maybe just me or my pc ????? Jim S

I suspect that it may have something to do with your touch screen or its settings if that's what you're using. I have noticed some similar issues when I try to use an iPhone or iPad when I use the Puffin browser with it's built-in Flash.

Everything works fine when I use a mouse on my Mac Airbook. If you have those same issues with a mouse, you might try restarting your browser or rebooting your PC.

Edgar

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
A Hint

The clue for this puzzle was specifically intended to stimulate your analytical juices. Ideally, you should be doing your searches based on some logical approach rather than just a brute force approach.

Ask yourself some questions like ..

What do we celebrate in February each year?
Why do we have all these great contests?

One warning:
When you do figure this one out, please do not post anything that would make the answer obvious to the other players. A simple "GOT IT" will be acceptable, but nothing more.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
So far I have received 5 entries -- they are all wrong

Normally I only accept one entry (the first one) from each player, so it does no good to submit multiple entries.

However, for this puzzle, I will allow those who have already submitted an entry to try again. This will be the only do-over opportunity for this puzzle.

alankulwicki7

The clue for this puzzle was specifically intended to stimulate your analytical juices. Ideally, you should be doing your searches based on some logical approach rather than just a brute force approach.

Ask yourself some questions like ..

What do we celebrate in February each year?
Why do we have all these great contests?

One warning:
When you do figure this one out, please do not post anything that would make the answer obvious to the other players. A simple "GOT IT" will be acceptable, but nothing more.

Edgar,
I've done nothing but search for the last 5 hours (I'm on shift at the FD so I have the time :)) but I have no idea as to the answer.

I've got 3 hours left on my shift so hopefully I can find it before then :biggrin:

The Penguin

So far I have received 5 entries -- they are all wrong

Normally I only accept one entry (the first one) from each player, so it does no good to submit multiple entries.

However, for this puzzle, I will allow those who have already submitted an entry to try again. This will be the only do-over opportunity for this puzzle.
I think those that submitted wrong entries should be penalized and not allowed to win for the daily prize.

now...I gotta get back to searching. :biggrin:

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Another Hint

From the IAP Home Page, it is actually possible to find the photo used in this puzzle with as few as 4 mouse clicks.

alankulwicki7

From the IAP Home Page, it is actually possible to find the photo used in this puzzle with as few as 4 mouse clicks.

Let me see here:

1. Start at IAP home page
2. Choose from 1,345 possible links
3. Choose from 2,598 possible links
4. Choose from 891 possible links
5. Choose from 4,834 possible links

That means you have a one in 457 Trillion chance of finding this photo in four click :eek:

Top Bottom