Puzzle #3

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Tried & failed in Puzzle #1 or #2? Overly frustrated with the challenge level of this year's puzzles? Well, here's your chance to kick back and relax with the extremely easy Puzzle #3. Pop open a bottle of Sassafras Root Beer and you'll probably have this one solved before you finish the drink.

This is a tile puzzle. Move the tiles around to complete the image and get the clue for the Completion Code. Then find the Completion Code and submit your entry.

Fill out all the information in the Submission Form, especially the Completion Code and submit the form before the deadline. You will earn one point for this puzzle toward the overall prize and you might win one of the individual prizes for this puzzle.

The deadline for this puzzle is 1:59 PM, Central Time on Friday, February 20. Any entries received after that time will not be accepted.

Post any questions in this thread and I will do my best to answer them as soon as possible.

Don't forget to read the Puzzle Contest - Official Rules and make sure that your Public Profile contains your real first and last name!

Good luck everyone
Edgar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Krash

I'm not much of a Rubrics Cube kind of guy. I guess some people can "see" the patterns and move things around successfully and efficiently. That wouldn't be me! I eventually got it done, you know a monkey and a dictionary in a room kind of thing, but it took a while.

Found the clue and got 'er done! :)

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I'm not much of a Rubrics Cube kind of guy. I guess some people can "see" the patterns and move things around successfully and efficiently. That wouldn't be me! I eventually got it done, you know a monkey and a dictionary in a room kind of thing, but it took a while.

Found the clue and got 'er done! :)

That's a great idea - I'll see if we can make it three-dimensional next year:devil:

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I hope everyone is enjoying the leisurely pace of today's puzzle.

Be sure to get a good night's sleep tonight because tomorrow's puzzle is going to be a doozy! :biggrin:

darrin1200

I am so glad I'mmnot the only one. These things give me a migraine. Tried for an hiur, and then finally had to give up or snap.

I'll wait for the next one.

I hate tile puzzles. when I was younger I would pop the tiles out and then put them back in.... tried that here but now I need a new monitor...:eek::tongue:

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
well ya know.. if we had a picture of what we were supposed to be creating it would help. but I have a feeling the puzzle creators have a slight sadistic nature and ENJOY watching us struggle. :)

Waa, waa, waa! I even left the hints option ON for you guys. All you have to do is select the hints button and it will show numbers in the corner of each tile. Arrange the numbers and you have it.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
well ya know.. if we had a picture of what we were supposed to be creating it would help. but I have a feeling the puzzle creators have a slight sadistic nature and ENJOY watching us struggle. :)

Waa, waa, waa! I even left the hints option ON for you guys. All you have to do is select the hints button and it will show numbers in the corner of each tile. Arrange the numbers and you have it.

Yeah, I tried to convince Curtis to disable that feature, but he's an old softie. :wink:

MikeG

Yeah, I tried to convince Curtis to disable that feature, but he's an old softie. :wink:

Silly me, I didn't notice it until after I had finished. :frown:

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member

Sometimes the best place to hide things is in plain sight. :)

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Puzzle #3 is now closed.

I will post the results shortly.

Watch for Puzzle #4 starting sometime this afternoon or evening. I hope you got a good night of rest - you'll need it :biggrin:

Krash

Puzzle #3 is now closed.

I will post the results shortly.

Watch for Puzzle #4 starting sometime this afternoon or evening. I hope you got a good night of rest - you'll need it :biggrin:

Go easy on us old guys. Give us plenty of time to engage our brains! :cool:

MikeG

Sometimes the best place to hide things is in plain sight. :)

Is that a hint for Puzzle #4? :biggrin:

Krash

I saw that button but was too afraid of clicking it in case it took me to another page, thus resetting the picture.

Live and learn! :rolleyes:

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
The correct answer for this puzzle was "Segmented Roller Ball"

The big hint was that the photo had been viewed a lot in the past month.

This was a clue that the photo had been uploaded within the last month.

One way to find it would be to click on Photos on the IAP Home Page, then select Member Photo Albums. One of the browser options is "Newest Uploads". If you scrolled through all the photos within the last month, you would have found it on page 20 or so.

Top Bottom