Puzzle #2

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Sorry for the delay, but here is Puzzle 2

This is a jigsaw puzzle. Click on a puzzle piece to select it, drag to move it and use the space bar to rotate it. Once you complete the puzzle, find the Completion Code and submit your entry.

Fill out all the information in the Submission Form, especially the Completion Code and submit the form before the deadline. You will earn one point for this puzzle toward the overall prize and you will be eligible for the individual prize drawing for this puzzle.

The deadline for this puzzle is 11:59 PM, Central Time on Wednesday, February 18. Any entries received after that time will not be accepted.

Post any questions in this thread and I will do my best to answer them as soon as possible.

Don't forget to read the Puzzle Contest - Official Rules

Good luck everyone
Edgar

Last edited:

alankulwicki7

Attempt #1: 10 minutes in, about 1/4 complete I accidently click on the puzzle link at the bottom and away goes my puzzle.

Attempt #2: 10 minutes in, about 1/4 complete and my computer abruptly restarts.

Here goes attempt #3...

Edward Cypher

Same thing

I did the same thing did not see the proof of completion clicked on something and it took me to the submit page which I could not do without the proof of completion. You know for a mere 25 dollar gift certificate it is not worth it. I can make 4 pens in that time and clear way more than 25 bucks so I bow out but I wish everyone who continues the best of luck. I will be watching the misery from the loser train and I am okay with that. Thanks for all the fun?? Maybe next year.

Aargh, I finished the puzzle but never saw the proof of completion. What did I do wrong?

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Here's a little hint folks - when you see the completion code clue, you have to go find what it's asking for. As someone noted, it's a double puzzle.

THarvey

Attempt #1: 10 minutes in, about 1/4 complete I accidently click on the puzzle link at the bottom and away goes my puzzle.

Attempt #2: 10 minutes in, about 1/4 complete and my computer abruptly restarts.

Here goes attempt #3...

Mine did the restart thing too. Is this another one of Edgar's pranks? :confused::rolleyes:

Might as well start a good conspiracy theory while we are here. :biggrin:

ChrisN

To make this puzzle as hard as the last one, it should have been at least a 200 piece puzzle! :biggrin:

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
The puzzle is created with simple flash which will not cause a computer to crash that I am aware of.

Also, please DO NOT post any clues on how to get the completion code. Let Edgar post whatever clues he wants but leave it at that. Hope you all are having fun!

Oh, and for the follow who said it needed to have more pieces...I can do that! :)

Last edited:

magier412

OK...I got it almost all the way done 4 times when it disappeared on me. ... Fun puzzle...but more frustrating with having to start over so many times. (And what about an iOs version for us Mac folk? I had to fire up a Windoz machine...to play this one...eek!) :)

Last edited by a moderator:

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Ding, ding, ding...Edgar has it correct. Flash is not supported by iOS and is the only good platform for this type of puzzle. I tried some javascript jigsaw puzzles but they SUCK! I am an iPhone and iPad owner but just have to realize that some things can't be done when Flash is involved.

wyone

Well I have never done a jigsaw puzzle online.. and have to admit.. I thought it was gonna be really hard to figure out.. It was not bad once I read the directions. :) Regardless... WHOEVER suggested MORE PIECES should get their own SPECIAL puzzle.. the rest of us would be fine with LESS. :) :)

Thank to you guys for the fun!

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Well I have never done a jigsaw puzzle online.. and have to admit.. I thought it was gonna be really hard to figure out.. It was not bad once I read the directions. :) Regardless... WHOEVER suggested MORE PIECES should get their own SPECIAL puzzle.. the rest of us would be fine with LESS. :) :)

Thank to you guys for the fun!

I was thinking about asking Curtis to add a sign-in to the Puzzle Server so we could load up a special puzzle for Chris :devil:

jcm71

OK...I got it almost all the way done 4 times when it disappeared on me. ... Fun puzzle...but more frustrating with having to start over so many times. (And what about an iOs version for us Mac folk? I had to fire up a Windoz machine...to play this one...eek!) :)

I had no problem on my Mac.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member

I had no problem on my Mac.

Flash plug-in works fine for the browsers on Mac computers. Folks who use iPhone, iPad or iPod aren't able to use Flash though.

The Penguin

Ding, ding, ding...Edgar has it correct. Flash is not supported by iOS and is the only good platform for this type of puzzle. I tried some javascript jigsaw puzzles but they SUCK! I am an iPhone and iPad owner but just have to realize that some things can't be done when Flash is involved.
for those on iOS - you can download the "Puffin Browser" app - it runs a flash within the browser on your "i" device.

I haven't tried it with the puzzle, but have used it with a few flash games and it seems to work fine.

ChrisN

To make this puzzle as hard as the last one, it should have been at least a 200 piece puzzle! :biggrin:

Is that a request?
We can sure do that for the next jigsaw :biggrin:

Oh, no, please don't!:eek: If anything, you should continue the trend of easier puzzles. I'm expecting the next puzzle to just give me the completion code when I click the link!:biggrin:

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member

Is that a request?
We can sure do that for the next jigsaw :biggrin:

Oh, no, please don't!:eek: If anything, you should continue the trend of easier puzzles. I'm expecting the next puzzle to just give me the completion code when I click the link!:biggrin:

Well that would sure make Curtis' and my jobs a lot easier :biggrin:

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Puffin Browser

Since Shawn mentioned the Puffin Browser, i thought i would download it & see if it could handle the puzzels.

Well it can - sort of. Don't even bother with an iPhone or iPod though - the screen is just too small & the response is extremely sluggish.

It is workable on an iPad, but still not ideal. It would take many times longer to assemble the puzzle on an iPad than on a compute.

I haven't tried an iPhone 6+ or an iPad Mini, but i think those devices would be a little small for this purpose also.

It is free though, so you can certainly give it a try if you want.

wyone

I am voting for eliminating anyone using Apple brand equipment. It will solve having to design cross platform. but more importantly it will cut out some of the competition for prizes if we have less people. :) :) I need all the help I can get with odds.

Krash

Finished! :bananen_smilies047: :bananen_smilies047: :bananen_smilies047: :bananen_smilies047:

And on a MAC !!!! :bananen_smilies104:

The last part was tough! :eek:

You are a devil Edgar! :devil:

Last edited:

rblakemore

tough day at work

I have returned to the regular work force and today was tough. Have not been here much lately and found this as a stroke of good fortune. Really enjoyed!! But where is the completion code??

OK, I read the rest of the notes; so I missed the second puzzle for the code.
We will see what I do next.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
I have returned to the regular work force and today was tough. Have not been here much lately and found this as a stroke of good fortune. Really enjoyed!! But where is the completion code??

There is no second puzzle per say. Simply complete the puzzle and pay attention to what you see and you will see how to get the completion code.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member

Welcome back Ron, we've missed you.

Top Bottom